Bye, bye Henry...

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by stonevibe, Nov 22, 2017.

1. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

No they got a sack lunch

[​IMG]

2. ehb

ehb Chief Discombobulator Premium Member

Bakelite boards will put Gib back on top, I'm telling you.

:squint:

LeftyF2003 and jdto like this.
  3. HeartString

HeartString Senior Member Premium Member

and the next CEO will be....

aaa131126202739-turkey-head-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Digger, I Break Things and ehb like this.
  4. vintageguitarz

vintageguitarz Member

For your information, even if you "own" a company, companies have Boards of Directors (lots of power), Partners, Investors (including huge banks and retirement institutions that wield equally huge power). Example, Tesla was founded by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning in July 2003 (big mouth delusional Musk had nothing to do with it), yet founder and sizeable stock holder CEO Martin Eberhard who had founded the company was deposed and Musk was hired as the CEO much later and Musk eventually bought Controlling Interest. So it happens.

From what I've read Henry Juszkiewicz does NOT own Gibson, though he owns a considerable amount of the stock. Whether it's enough to be the "controlling interest" remains to be seen. Gibson IS in Financial problems, borrowed heavily, and is now selling their huge too big Nashville factory, which mean Banks or Lenders may actually have more say than Henry Juszkiewicz has. Henry Juszkiewicz has wrecked Gibson in my opinion as an Authorized Luthier (repairs / parts). Don't let the door hit (you) Henry in the ass too hard on the way out.

Gtarzan81 and NylesR like this.
  5. moreles

moreles Senior Member

I'm glad this devolved into a joke thread, because it started out like many -- 12th generation hearsay with no known source. It's obvious that Henry J. has been a complete fake as a "guitarists's CEO." His regime has consisted of manipulating the product line to turn what were once standards into major upcharges, to introduce ridiculous "innovations" and substandard materials, and to take "fake vintage" into the $trato$phere. His pose as a guitar lover ended up being an offensive sham. But, to be honest, Fender and Martin, as companies, are going the same route, just not quite as obscenely, with meaningless rejiggering of ever-increasing model variants and overcharging for preferred features that actually cost no more to make. When Martin signed off on its own self-congratulatory trillionth guitar -- does anyone really find the idea of massive mass production to be a plus? -- with the stupidest instrument in the history of instruments you knew that they were just a business now. Which comes with a watch. I recommend buying used, or patronizing other makers with greater integrity. I have no interest in feeding money to corporations, their CEOs, and shareholders. Even those that happen to make guitars.

LeftyF2003 likes this.
  6. MikeyTheCat

MikeyTheCat Senior Member

From what I've read HJ and Berryman own Gibson. If they don't own Gibson then who does? Also, who is on their BoD?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  7. ttbit

ttbit Senior Member

They are selling their Nashville location now too??? I hadn't heard anything about that.

8. ehb

Nash and Memphis properties under-utilized and not needed are what's being sold...

ttbit likes this.
  9. Malikon

Malikon ゴジラの復活 V.I.P. Member

while I admit the robot, and auto-tune, and bakelite,..and a lot of things out of Gibson have been laughable and bad,....people acting like Gibson doesn't make 'regular' guitars or good guitars is sort of laughable.

Now I know I'm not out there every year in the guitar stores playing every years offerings. But I played around with 90's era LP's that were fine, my 2009 I use the most is killer, I've played 2012's and 2013's that were really nice, the 2017's seem nice,....

They've kept making Traditionals, and Studios and "Regular" guitars the whole time. No one has ever not been able to get a decent Les Paul,..I'm sorry but it's just true. If you want a nice Les Paul they're out there and available.

Kicking Gibson and poking fun at Henrys smarmy face,..I totally get it, I've done it myself and will probably do so again,..but the people gnashing teeth and acting like there's just no good Les Pauls left in the world are sort of delusional. There are plenty of good Les Paul/Gibson guitars out there. It's not like the Robot or FireturdX guitar is the only guitar Gibson makes.

Neil(UK), James R, FKO and 5 others like this.
  10. MikeyTheCat

MikeyTheCat Senior Member

And given rising Nashville real estate values...

11. ehb

Don't be bustin' on da Bakelite, Mal...

You know deep down, Bakelite is da cheeze...

Ain't no cheap water bottles used in making it... Just them fancy imported kinds like on cable TV...

It's recycling too and will save the planet and save puppies. Why don't you like puppies?

Bakelite is the future!

12. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Old School Premium Member

On paper I own my house, but if I stop paying mortgage the bank will kick me out of it. I have no idea if that is about to happen for Henry with Gibson, but if it does I'm proud to say that I read about it first on the MLP :D

13. Malikon

I'm old, man. Maple, Rosewood or Ebony or GTFO.

who's Paul Ferro anyway? Richlite? What the hail? :shock:

RayTorvalds, I Break Things and ehb like this.
  14. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Junior Member

:io:

Malikon likes this.
  15. Malikon

in 4 years the in/out smiley is your one post?!

:rofl:

kmasters68, Donal, Neil(UK) and 9 others like this.
  16. 1all's Pub

1all's Pub Senior Member

Apple is a publically held company. Gibson is privately held. Apples and oranges.

rockstar232007 likes this.
  17. Malikon

no, Apple and Gibson. :D

Donal likes this.
  18. ehb

Hell, I'm a lot older'n you.... But I'm out on the cutting edge. Yep. That's me. Out there. On the edge. Way out there...

I Break Things and Malikon like this.
  19. Malikon

I'm more conservative than you EHB, I knew that when I saw you running around wearing that fruit hat.

You're pretty out there, man.

5747b5f7210ae162967e4d77f73e287f--eve-costume-costumes-uk.jpg

20. DotStudio

DotStudio Silver Supporter

I think you read wrong.

20171123_134725.png

And they're not selling their Nashville location, that would be Memphis.

https://www.memphisdailynews.com/ne...ans-to-sell-downtown-factory-build-a-new-one/

Although selling while Nashville real estate prices are inflated wouldn't be the worst idea.

What do people gain by making up things about this company? These threads never make any sense to me. :dunno: