Bye, bye Gibson

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by VictorB, Nov 26, 2017.

1. LeftyF2003

LeftyF2003 Premium Member

They could call it either Fribson or Gender - I think I like the latter :fingersx::laugh2:

Warren Weldon, VictorB and JohnnyN like this.
  2. Oldskoolrob

Oldskoolrob Member

Who owns bigsby? You could licence the whole set up as the 'gender bender'......
    must be true then...

3. BlankinLoud

BlankinLoud Senior Member

:lol:

:applause:-Dan

LeftyF2003 likes this.
  4. moreles

moreles Senior Member

If Fender actually bought Gibson, it would probably have no impact, because they're very similar. Both offer true high quality (PRS-level) only in their overpriced Custom Shop and special models; both are endlessly fiddling with their core models, usually negatively, and both have established offshore subsidiaries copying their own core instruments with cheaper, somewhat inferior parts and materials but (luckily for consumers) with build quality that sometimes appears better than what their US factories can manage these days. As with Gibson, Fender's so-called Custom Shop models consist mostly of more finely constructed versions of their basic guitars (I know; I own one) where you can now buy the previous quality standard, essentially factory assembled, at a much higher price. As Fender demonstrates by buying older "companies" (usually just the name), these are merely corporate brands and factory products. Places like PRS, Collings (RIP, Bill), Santa Cruz, Ernie Ball/Music Man, and some others at least have a human, guitar loving person at the helm.

Malikon and mmd like this.
  5. vintageguitarz

vintageguitarz Member

It must be true, I also heard several GC employees say they saw Sasquatch in one of the stores looking for a deal on a Strat and Fender Twin Reverb combo-deal. So this certainly means Sasquatch is real. There was also an over-powering aroma of Pot in that GC ..... actually most GC stores.

GC Pot Head Salesman at Guitar Center.jpg

Warren Weldon and VictorB like this.
  6. PrincePoP

PrincePoP Junior Member

Or the every music store's them 'Smoke on the Water' :)

7. TheWGuitar

TheWGuitar Senior Member

It'll only a matter of time before the overseas people decide that they are so easy to counterfeit, because they are already a casserole of nonsense.

"Hey guys, I'm looking at this guitar, but the Fender logo isn't right on the headstock, the controls are too far apart, the nibs don't look right, The angle of the bridge pickup isn't quite correct looking. The price is great...but dammit, is this a dang CHIBENDERSON?!"

[​IMG]

8. TheWGuitar

TheWGuitar Senior Member

Did I miss something? I originally had a joke about the "round selector switch cover" on a Les Paul being the wrong color. It's slang term is a bargaining piece in a popular card game.

Yeah...why is that term banned in a post?! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

9. PrincePoP

PrincePoP Junior Member

(British accent) Ah, sir you almost had me, if not for your inclusion of 14 year old's playing such a beloved classic as 'Stairway to Heaven', and actually using a guitar is just simply preposterous, sir! While it's a well known fact that 14 year old juveniles are not even found in a music store these days. It's just rubbish to imply such a thing. These little scampers couldn't produce anything considered tastefully musical without those iPad, computers, smart phones glued to their faces, holding their 'wittle' hands through the process of creating music. All while joyfully exclaiming their are 'producers' for heaven's sake! On that sir, I have to bid you good day and ask do try to keep your facts straight. Ta, Ta.

redjunior and VictorB like this.
  10. alligator69

alligator69 Junior Member

Seriously?? That's blasphemy!

11. nicholas322

nicholas322 Junior Member

This is the only place anywhere on the web that is giving even the tiniest clue that Fender is buying Gibson!

LeftyF2003 likes this.
  12. GBLEV

GBLEV Senior Member

I guess the "Les Paul" will become the "Leo Paul," the Gibson style of humbuckers will be replaced with a Gretsch "Filtertron," and Slash will be fired as "Global Brand Ambassador" and Fender will appoint Clapton to take the roll. From now on, if anyone wants a true 'Historic' style of Les Paul they will have to get a Tokai HLS model. At least you would be able to buy three of them for the price of one R9. So I guess it won't be all bad...

13. Tobin1634

Tobin1634 Senior Member

I'm surprised you didn't hear this rumor from a GC employee! They are soooo knowledgeable...
    try asking them what speakers are in any given cab... its kind of fun.

Warren Weldon and Malikon like this.
  14. rogue3

rogue3 Senior Member

15. GBLEV

GBLEV Senior Member

Isn't that the guy from the movie "Blow?" I think he meant to put a straw up to his nose in this pic.

16. Scott Gordon

Scott Gordon Junior Member

Please send me some of that AMAZING weed that you are doing...

:slash:

17. Malikon

Malikon ゴジラの復活 V.I.P. Member

"Round ones,..Duh!" :rolleyes:

Warren Weldon likes this.
  18. Tobin1634

Tobin1634 Senior Member

I can't blame them, really, but its pretty funny. I was super impressed that one guy said "celestions" of course he had no clue which ones, but at least he knew a brand...

19. Malikon

Malikon ゴジラの復活 V.I.P. Member

he should just say, "12's Yo!"

And throw up the horns and start headbanging. :dude:

....that's really the answer to so many questions. :laugh2:

20. MrYeats

MrYeats Member

sounds like it will be a Trans Gender.