Buyers & Sellers: Please use the iTrader Rating System

Discussion in 'Front Desk' started by Alex, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Alex

Alex Administrator Super Mod Premium Member

I'm pleased to announce that I have enabled the iTrader rating that will display under each member's Username in the Member/Business Classifieds forums.

The rating represents the number of good dealings done with the member. It also shows the trustworthiness of any particular member. Think of the iTrader to eBay's feedback system. Same concept.

To view a member's full iTrader record page, click on the linked iTrader rating under their Username. You will be able to see any comments people have left along with the number of Good, Bad or Neutral ratings they have left for the member.

If a member has negative ratings, this is a warning that perhaps you shouldn't do any business with them.

If a member has "0" rating, that means that the member is new and has neither a negative nor a positive rating, but you should still be cautious when doing business with them. Ask the member for references if they have "0" rating.

While this rating system is offered as a guide, MLP cannot be held responsible for deals gone bad.

Buyers: After you have finished dealing with another member (seller), it is encouraged to always leave a feedback on their account. To do this, simply click on the linked iTrader rating under their Username.

Sellers: Always encourage your buyers to leave a feedback after dealing with them. The more positive ratings you have, the more members would want to do business with you.

Good luck.

Kashmir, TeaForTwo, gazzie and 28 others like this.
  2. Zoshquin

Zoshquin Senior Member

good new addition to the forums :) thanks admin!

3. USP45Tim

USP45Tim V.I.P. Member

Done! I think this feature will alleviate any doubts whenever dealing with forum members. Thanks!

4. specflec

specflec Senior Member

Not sure if this is important or not but, does the system allow for buyer rating as well - like ebay where sellers can leave feedback. That's the way it used to be. I have not used ebay in some time.

Maybe this is not important - just wondering.

5. Strange Bird

Strange Bird Guest

It seems as though this system could be abused to negatively effect some sellers here . What's to keep people from posting false negatives or positives for that matter ?

6. djwilbanks

djwilbanks V.I.P. Member

Honour?

I know for some people that is in short supply, but we do need to be aware that the system can be abused.

And to answer specflec's question, yes you can leave feedback on buyers (I left feedback on Tim's page from where he bought my Epiphone, and I'll leave more when I recieve payment for my N64 :thumb:)

7. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

Sounds like a great idea in theory as long as it's not abused !!! The ratings can only be seen in the classifed area ???

8. Alex

Alex Administrator Super Mod Premium Member

Buyer rating is enabled as well, yes.

It could be, I guess, but we'll investigate it if we receive a complaint. Anyone found to have abused the system will be banned.

Yes, only in the Classifieds forums for now.

9. ReverendJWblues

ReverendJWblues MLP Chaplain V.I.P. Member

:rofl: I should have 3 itrader deals here I've done with people here, all very happy I may include. :)

10. Peaceman

Peaceman Senior Member

Are we aloud to back date any? For instance i bought from Bobbo back in early September, can i leave him some positive feedback?

I did get some free envelopes:laugh2:

11. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

Well since we did the deal off MLP I don't see why not !!! Feedback left for ya Peaceman !!!! :thumb:

12. Peaceman

Peaceman Senior Member

My thoughts exactly dude! Feedback returned to you sir!:thumb:

13. LPCollector

LPCollector V.I.P. Member

Great idea Alex!

14. Last

Last The Cleaner Premium Member

I agree, should help quell any nerves while dealing in here.

Wonderful addition to an already great forum. Many thanks!

15. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

So ..Who's using the ITrader ?? I know I did alot of Biz with forum members here and have been leaving feedback !!! Are you guys ???

16. Bellows1

Bellows1 Senior Member

The iTrader system has a (report bad feedback) provision, much like the report a bad post option in a thread.

Generally it is set up to link the feedback to a specific sales thread, so there is an electronic paper trail.

It also allows for the two members to communicate about the deal from the feedback post. There is an option to start a thread (sort of) that is only viewable by the two parties involved and moderators or Admin depending on how it is set up. A great place to store an address or other contact information. Better than loosing it in PM's.

17. VastHorizon

VastHorizon Senior Member

I have a question:

If you need to delete the thread when the guitar sells, how will the link to iTrader work?

18. Bellows1

Bellows1 Senior Member

I don't know that they delete sold item threads. As long as the feedback is left before the thread is deleted it will work (show up as a rating), but the link to the thread will not work.

There is an option for members to close their own threads if it set up for them, it saves other members from reading 2 pages of bumbs only to find the item sold. That makes life as moderator much easier :)

19. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

You dont delete the For Sale thread !!! You just mark it SOLD !!!!!! After it's conclusion ...:cool:

20. VastHorizon

VastHorizon Senior Member

Oh, okay. Sorry.