'Burst biographies

Discussion in 'Vintage Les Pauls' started by E1WOOD5150, Sep 8, 2017.

1. E1WOOD5150

E1WOOD5150 Purveyor of Joke Grenades

Does anyone know of a "biography" on the 1700 or so real 'Bursts that were produced? What I mean is a book that traces each remaining 'Burst from its ship date, through each of the owners its had, stories of the music it made, and perhaps stories of the owners and their experiences with the guitar (ex. - 9 xxxx was in such and such venue when a fight, or fire broke out, etc). A listing of the nicknames they have been going by would be very cool, too.

I realize there would probably be a lot of gaps in the history, but to be able to learn of the known history on these guitars would be really cool. However, I can imagine the research to put something like this together would be a daunting task, to say the least. I'd like to think that some of the owners (current and former), dealers and experts would be interested in having a history to be able to refer to in the future.

To expand upon this concept, I wonder if a biography compilation would be a viable idea on some of the famous guitars would be a good idea. Imagine reading about the guy who originally bought SRV's Number One (Christopher Cross?) and then turning the page to read about Frampton's Phoenix.

Your thoughts?

Roberteaux likes this.
  2. BSeneca

BSeneca Senior Member

That would be a huge undertaking, but I book I would love to ready and absorb all of its info. Good luck with your search

3. dalezjc

dalezjc Junior Member

I would buy it!!

4. E1WOOD5150

E1WOOD5150 Purveyor of Joke Grenades

I was just looking for something in my feed, and stumbled upon this thread, and thought to myself that @Roberteaux would be a fantastic choice of authors for a project of this sort. Sitting in on some of the interviews would be really cool, too.

Roberteaux likes this.
  5. Roberteaux

Roberteaux GOOMPH! V.I.P. Member

Gosh, how very flattering-- thank you! :)

--R :thumb: