Burny MIC & Peavey HP sig

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Alderbeck, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Alderbeck

Alderbeck Member

Hi all, I went on a spending spree last week and got...
    Burny MIC sustainer with dimarzio pickup in bridge
    and a
    Peavey HP Signature tiger eye for what I thought was a good price. Any cons about these guitars as I cannot believe how great they sound. I have a les paul traditional goldtop and for the price the burny is fantastic! I bought the two for £600

Who likes this.
  2. danohat

danohat Senior Member

I have the tiger eye Peavey and it's great. Sounds great, plays great, and is well made.

3. Alderbeck

Alderbeck Member

It was the peavey that I was attracted to initially. Tiger eye is stunning, burny is supposed to be white but it has yellowed which I like.

4. guidothepimmp

guidothepimmp Senior Member

wheres that "this thread is useless without pics" emogi...

Who and danohat like this.
  5. Alderbeck

Alderbeck Member

I will upload some when I get around to it probably the weekend. I posted to see if there was and negatives about these two guitars. I also bought a fender tele blue floral (new) and a fender gt200 amp but took that back and got a boss katana 100 which suits me better. I will post some pics later

6. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

The HP signature is an overseas build if you live in the US. I had a US made one that was a high performance Peavey Wolfgang in a double cut version. It was a killer guitar.

7. Custom53

Custom53 Senior Member

I used to own a early MIJ, 5 piece diamond logo, Burny but sold it. Still regret selling Burny Les Paul 2.jpg Burny Les Paul 1.jpg bth_LesPauls003.jpg it..

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  8. Alderbeck

Alderbeck Member

My Peavey is the EXP (Korean) The US one is called the EX. The easiest way to know is if the serial number is Engraved=U.S.A. Silkscreened=Korea Sticker=China. Best one is the USA with the Korean a very close second and the Chinese third but still not a bad guitar according to the peavey site.

9. Alderbeck

Alderbeck Member

Here are some of my guitars:

20160913_170605.jpg
    Left: fender strat plus 1994 (don lace gold sensors)
    Right: Gibson les Paul traditional goldtop bought new 2011

20170927_220218.jpg
    Peavey EXP HP Signature "Tiger Eye" that I have just bought

20170927_220225.jpg
    My new fender tele blue floral 1969 reissue and my Boss Katana 100 that I have bought new. My Marshall DSL401 valve amp died and I was sick of getting the damn thing repaired, it has had faults right from new and Marshall would not admit it was a design fault (one of the HOT amps from 2001)

20170927_220237.jpg
    Fernandes (Burny) RLC-75S, Sustainer (Snow White). Les Paul pictured above is on the right and the guitar at the back I have had from new in 2001 it is a Schecter 006 Diamond series and they go for peanuts now but I will never part with it because it is a good guitar single coil Seymour Duncan in the neck and a SD humbucker in the bridge.

guidothepimmp and Who like this.
  10. dmvksv

dmvksv Senior Member

I have a goldtop version of the Peavey HP signature. Great guitars.

Alderbeck, Who and danohat like this.
  11. Alderbeck

Alderbeck Member

dmvksv I just looked at the goldtop version and it is stunning.

dmvksv likes this.
  12. dmvksv

dmvksv Senior Member

Alderbeck, how do you like the pickups in your HP signature? When I bought mine, the previous owner had swapped them out with a set of Seymour Duncan's, but gave me the originals as well. I'm not about to pull the Duncan's , as they sound fantastic, but I'm debating trying the Peavey pickups in another guitar

Alderbeck likes this.
  13. Alderbeck

Alderbeck Member

I like them as long as i have the tone on half way because they are very bright pickups and they squeal. I am a bedroom player, i imagine it could be a different situation if you are gigging. I have seymour duncans in my schecter and they are superior in my opinion. If the peavey ones you have spare were to go in a cheap guitar they could greatly enhance it.

14. dmvksv

dmvksv Senior Member

Okay, thanks Alderbeck. I while probably give them a shot somewhere along the line. If they are bright I will probably look for something with a full mahogany body to try them in.

Alderbeck likes this.
  15. danohat

danohat Senior Member

I took mine to a practice/jam with a couple guys who have some really nice equipment. Afterwards, one of the guys bought one. The other kept saying how great the guitar sounded. It does.

Alderbeck likes this.
  16. Alderbeck

Alderbeck Member

Just had a play and the peavey sounds fantastic. It could have been my amp setup as this is the first modelling amp i have played. I have only played valve amps before. Got to say i love this boss katana 100! I play blues rock and delta hill country style. So R.L. Burnside to john lee hooker and then peter green to free/bad company.

17. Alderbeck

Alderbeck Member

Put my boss vwah pedal in the send/return loop awesome!