broken guitars for sale?

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by leftylover, Feb 23, 2009.

1. leftylover

leftylover Senior Member

Does anybody know if there are any stores or online sellers that sell only broken guitars? im not talking about blemished guitars, but full on dead(broken necks,headstocks,gutless,etc).

or if anyone has a broken guitar they cant afford to fix, i will buy it for a reasonable price.

2. SiriusAbbott

SiriusAbbott Senior Member

I cant say I know of any retailers or such that do any broken-guitar-sales,maybe they exist,but I am unaware of them.
    A great place to buy broken guitars is always the pawnshop on the wrong side of town :shock:
    They actually call me and let me know when they have a broken one for sale,or when their Gibby LP turns out to have Chinese roots :rolleyes:
    Have made a couple of good deals that way.
    And what is up with the broken guitar thing this month?
    I have recently had 2 offers(and a few inquiries) on a broken Ibanez lawsuit Explorer that I've been dragging around for 15 years(11 years broken),and was given an offer I couldnt refuse on a damaged 72 SG std.that I have dragged around since '00.
    That SG is now in a new home tonight,and I am currently working on the Ibanez,it goes NOWHERE :naughty: :D

3. leftylover

leftylover Senior Member

already looked at the pawn shops.the scariest one being deep in the roots of our local chinatown.definitely the wrong side of the tracks.

i just want something i can fix up and get some experience with repairs. how much did you pay for the sg? Would you be willing to sell either for a price? haha

4. Skynyrdpicker

Skynyrdpicker Senior Member

5. leftylover

leftylover Senior Member

or the les paul or dean or fake V

6. SiriusAbbott

Seriously? if so,as is,V-body(ash) and neck(its a Charvel or Jackson,not sure which)only,$100.00
    the LPs and the Dean,much like the Explorer,aint going anywhere :D

7. leftylover

leftylover Senior Member

ill definitely consider the v at that price. the body blanks i was looking at cost more than that, but i gotta check with the parents.

8. SiriusAbbott

Cool :cool:
    Just PM me,or,I can be reached at siriusabbott(at symbol)gmail.com :thumb:

9. Kate033

Kate033 Senior Member

I have an Epiphone SG cherry G400 that I picked up recently. It's brand new...still has original box/stickers/manual, etc. The headstock had been snapped off in shipping from epiphone to the dealer.

There's no damage to the front of the headstock or wood loss. The neck has been repaired and it is ROCK SOLID. The nut was replaced with a pre-slotted tusq nut. Everything is brand new and works perfectly. I didn't bother to refinish the neck as it plays fine as is and I really don't have the spare time to do it. The original crack is still visable but you can barely feel it when playing. This would make a great project for someone who wanted to take the time to sand down the neck and refinish it. Also, there are some small chips in the plastic on the volume/tone knobs. They work fine as is.

I had planned to keep it and play it as is, as a backup to my lp, but I just fell in love with and bought another guitar and I really don't have room for this one too.

Ready to play as is, or would make a great project for someone who wants to practice refinishing the neck or any other upgrades/mods. If you're looking for a project its really nice to start out with something decent. If you start modding a junk walmart starter guitar, no matter what you do it's only going to be just so good, but with an epi at least you have a decent base to start with.
    I'm going to put it up on ebay this week starting at $125 plus shipping, but will sell it outright for that if anyone is interested.
    PM me or email me for more info/pics kyates33@yahoo.com

Good luck!

10. Blues4U

Blues4U Senior Member

A little over a year ago there were a bunch of Les Paul Vintage Mahogany and faded SG's on the bay. By a bunch I mean I am pretty sure Gibson or and agent of Gibson was the seller. These were all newer guitars that looked minty other than the broken head stocks.

They wen't cheap and I should have bought 1 of each.

11. weegurl04

weegurl04 Junior Member

yea.. I have a really good one which has a snapped head if you are interested? Its a Freshman.

R

12. reb19

reb19 Junior Member

I have a broken fender that i cant affor to fix and am trying to sell if you are interested. I have pictures of it. and the damages (2) plus minor scratches.

my names rebekah you can email me at rebekah.boddie@yahoo.com

13. Daniel

Daniel Banned

I have a kit guitar that someone ababdoned here because the set the neck wrong... and then tried to knock it off again.

I think it was one of the George M kits or very close to it (had one of those here with a blown out truss rod)

Probably fixable but...

14. Paragon

Paragon Senior Member

The original post was over 2 years old..

15. milesmcnallyluthierie

milesmcnallyluthierie Junior Member

If any of you still have those broken instruments i am very interested. Let me know what your asking price is. Im especially interested in that abandoned kit.:hmm:

16. dogbone94

dogbone94 Senior Member

you still lookin..?

17. captcoolaid

captcoolaid Senior Member

Yes there is a guy on Ebay that sells broken headstock guitars. I got a Epi for 80 bucks with a clean break. what are you looking for and I may be able to find the guy.

18. JakekaJ16

JakekaJ16 Senior Member

I'm into restorations and picking up where others left off. I'd be interested in a broken guitar. Anyone have one they'd like to let go? I'm open to gibby's, epi's, fender's, builds left by the way side, anything you have I'll take a look at it. :thumb: