Boy Scouts?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Crotch, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Crotch

Crotch Members Only Premium Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Who and SFK like this.
  2. SFK

SFK V.I.P. Member

My favorite part of Cub Scouts!

Who and Crotch like this.
  3. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

The boys will light the fires and the girls will serve S'mores.

When I was in the Scouts (early to mid 70s) the Second Scoutmaster we had during my tenure, brought a half gallon of Gin on all the camping trips. He always had a silver cup by his side he kept nursing.

We had an absolute blast terrorizing the campgrounds. Ya know, trees, water pumps, Bogfoot and sometimes even other troops. We camped in the Fall and Spring and had one Winter camping trip yearly. (Yes in the snow)

If more kids could have the times we had, everybody would want to be a Boy Scout. Girls joining will be a new paradigm, but will put the clamps on tighter. Something like we had,, would never happen now. Damn.... What a shame. LOL

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    redjunior likes this.
  4. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

If you don't see why, then I don't think you can be educated as to why.

Malikon likes this.
  5. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

You mean like learning how to roll your own tampons? LOL

6. cybermgk

I was speed champion 3 years in a row, back when.

Made a hammerhead shark shaped car with my oldest son, when he was a cubbie. Not the fastest, but it did place for design.

7. fett

fett Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

Not Scouts. LL Baseball in the early '90's. I was the Assistant Coach. The Manager had his kid on the team. It may have not been the first time that somewhere a LL Team did this. His kid was a girl. The boys didn't care. She played baseball.

8. Gooner

Gooner Senior Member

FFS, what a load of bollocks spewed out in five pages. I help out with a local Cub Scout group and both my daughters are in this organisation one as a Scout and the other as a Cub. They love it, take part in all the activities like tracking, camping, shooting, cooking on fires, the whole shebang. Additionally in my experience the girls are far more robust than the boys (at Cub level anyway), at our last camp, in the middle of the night, we had a massive thunder and lightening storm with torrential rain, we had some of the boys up crying, we didn't hear a peep from the girls. Time for the US to catch up.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Who, redjunior, rxbandit and 9 others like this.
  9. cybermgk

Ah, so your preference is the correct one. I missed where the world made you the arbiter and last and highest voice on this subject. Silly us for having OUR own values, opinions and wants.

Malikon likes this.
  10. fry

fry Senior Member

I don’t see it as being behind the times for the boys to have this group activity that is just for them, and for the girls to have one just for them also. I don’t think the Boy Scouts are necessarily doing this for the right reason, and the Girl Scouts are blasting them for it, they don’t like this decision. And to suggest that combining them makes one country more advanced than another is just silly. Please.

Malikon, cybermgk and Caleb like this.
  11. fry

fry Senior Member

12. Gooner

Gooner Senior Member

Typical puerile response, but post what you like, if you can come up with a valid reason for not allowing girls in other than to have one big wank fest, go ahead.

BlankinLoud and Harmony like this.
  13. Caleb

Caleb Senior Member

Oh relax, dude. That was an unnecessary shot and you know it as well as I do.

14. Caleb

Caleb Senior Member

Was this the manager??
    [​IMG]

15. cybermgk

And what exactly are the valid reasons for forcing mixed inclusion in everything?

What is wrong with wanting something just for boys. There are plenty of organizations, events etc that are exclusionary towards males, and those are lauded.

However, HAD you read the entire thread, then you would see many good reasons.

1. They already had their own scouting program. If that did not do everything they want/need, then change that organization to be more inclusive of those wanted needs.
    2. There is benefit to having an organization just for boys. This was actually one of the last bastions for this. Meanwhile there are multiple such 'girls only' organizations, that are always accepted it appears. Boys and girls are not the same, no matter how hard people try to ignore that.

Crotch and Malikon like this.
  16. cybermgk

And, ROFLMAO, calling everyone else's opinions and beliefs BS (American version of bollocks) is an infantile response, so there pfffffffttttttttt.

17. HearHear

HearHear Senior Member

I don't have a problem with girls in the Cub Scouts, or Boy Scouts up to about age 12.

Girls are pretty robust and can keep up with the boys physically and emotionally in that setting up until about age 12, IMHO. After about age 12, girls become more "delicate" and distracted with boys.

As far as the effect on boys, welcome to the modern era. It may even teach the boys more respect having girls around, and will help them in the job market later in life when working with and competing with women.

Gooner likes this.
  18. Bytor1958

Bytor1958 Senior Member

I was in the scouts. My mom was our den leader.

19. fry

fry Senior Member

I was in scouts in 3rd/4th grade, I think. The mother of one of the kids in our den was the “den mother”, they called them back then. She was awesome and fun, I had a great time when she was doing it. She ended up leaving it for some reason, and handed it off to another lady. The other lady was no fun at all, and I bailed.

Harmony and Caleb like this.
  20. cybermgk

They are already force fed DEFERENCE for girls and women in every aspect of life. They are told that being themselves is wrong in school. This was one place, WAS, where they could be themselves and be unashamed in doing so.

I don't see this as a good thing, but more in the line of deconstructing boys (and it's holding them back more and more).

Malikon likes this.