Bought a LP on Ebay arrived with broken headstock

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by lorenzots, May 11, 2009.

1. frankpaul1

frankpaul1 Member

Wow, you have no idea what you're talking about. :shock:

2. yllsacky

yllsacky Senior Member

well most fakes have stamped some one said that

3. frankpaul1

frankpaul1 Member

Forget what that someone said. Most Gibsons have stamped serials with "Made in USA" underneath them. Only '50s Les Pauls and current Historics and some Customshop models have inked serials.

BTW that does no mean that the fakes do not have a stamped serial, but they look way different to an original Gibson.

4. ZombieAttack

ZombieAttack Senior Member

Love the shirt in your profile, stud. When it says "premium member" under your name, they really mean it.

5. xsouldriverx

xsouldriverx V.I.P. Member

do they really do that? seems like a wast.

6. dennistruckdriver

dennistruckdriver V.I.P. Member

You mean the dragon shirt? It is a bit bright, ain't it?:dude:

7. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

Quit. You don't know what you're talking about. No more advice from you on counterfeits, please - FOR THE GOOD OF THE FORUM.

8. dennistruckdriver

dennistruckdriver V.I.P. Member

Oh, 'someone said' it, huh, and you automatically start posting it as fact?

I agree, Dice.

9. teeloh

teeloh Senior Member

Wow, this is still going. OP, make a claim. I think you have some right to being confused by some of the misinformation here. I am talking to you, yllsacky.

As to a previous poster:

Agree with that. Especially with non-original cases, where the neck is supported but the case does not fit the body of the LP closely. this often allows the body to 'canter' within the case, and if the top of the headstock (depending on neck angle) is resting on the bottom of the case, then breaks within the case are likely.

That can happen whether the case, the box it was in, or either of them was or were dropped.

10. The Dali

The Dali Senior Member

So, what ended up happening with this?

11. lorenzots

lorenzots Junior Member

Hello everyone.
    Here is the end of the story:
    A couple of weeks ago I recieved a letter from the shipping company asking details on the shipping.
    I wrote that the guitar broke and it could be rapaired for a certain amount but that even if repaired it would not regain the value.
    So asked to be refounded for the complete insurance of £1000 to cover any value loss. Meanwhile I had already brought the guitar to be rapaired.
    This morning I went to get it back from the liuther. He did a great job. You can bearly see it's repaired. It plays and sounds great.
    This afternoon I recieved an email form the seller saying that he got a cheque of £1000 from the shipping company and that he will send me the money tomorrow.
    I payed the guitar £1200 plus £200 for the repair.
    I'm getting refounded £1000.
    This means I payed £400 for a repaired Gibson Les Paul Standard LE Midnight Burst.

12. JimmyAce2006

JimmyAce2006 V.I.P. Member

This doesn't make any sense. If they sent a check, they will want you to give them the guitar. After finding out that you had it repaired, they may want their check back. Otherwise, if they let you keep the guitar and the money, it is worth about what you paid for it: £400. So I don't see where you got a good deal. You got a huge head ache, you did not get what you paid for, and now if you try to sell it, you will have difficulty because few people want a repaired guitar. but if you are happy, so be it! For me, I would have gotten a full refund and bought the guitar I wanted in the first place. I would never be able to get past the head repair.

13. lorenzots

lorenzots Junior Member

I'm sorry that it does not make sense to you but it does to me.
    In the claim I wrote the guitar was being repaired so they know it. Anyway they already gave the cheque to the seller so I'm going to keep the guitar and money.
    £400 for a Les Paul with repiared headstock is fine to me. I saw broken neck LPs being sold for much more.
    Anyway it plays and sounds like new so I'm pretty happy with it and I'm not planning on selling it but playing it.
    I would like to point out that the exchange rate from £ to € is pretty good on my side so it is quite a good deal.
    :wave:

14. PapaSquash

PapaSquash Senior Member

But do you have the check? And if you don't get the check from the seller what recourse do you have?

I hope this works out for you, but until that thing clears the bank its far from over.

15. jonesy

jonesy GLOBAL WIRING GURU MLP Vendor

Hey Lorenzo, I hope this whole thing plays out OK for you bro. Glad to hear the repairs on the guitar were done well and that you are at least getting to play it. Peace, jonesy

16. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

Based on the one experience I had with a guitar damaged in shipping I'd tend to agree. I got the check for the insurance and then a few weeks later the shipping company sent a call tag for the guitar.