Boredome & Epi "The Dot"

Discussion in 'Other Epiphones' started by Mitchey75, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Mitchey75

Mitchey75 Member

IMG_8703.JPG IMG_8726.JPG IMG_8727.JPG IMG_8712.JPG IMG_8710.JPG Some time ago I had the idea to change a bit the look of my 5 year old Indonesian Epi "The Dot". I play the guitar occasionally on stage in a specific tuning and I have to say it is one of my "cheapest" guitars but it really has an amzing deep string position and a great sound - the standard PUs are amazing! I am pretty sure that this is a guitar I will never ever sell again!

During some time of boredom I decided to

• grind of the shiny paint completely with sand paper (I have especially made a "bad job" and left some shiny spots to make the look not too clean)
    • added a Betty Boop sticker (which I have also aged by grinding and damaging the edges on some spots)
    • added Block Inlay stickers
    • added a vintage LP washer
    • added black PRHK-010 knobs
    • removed the pick guard
    • added a Truss Rod Cover w/o Name

Benjammin, Death Incarnate and Victek like this.
  2. Victek

Victek Senior Member

Nice work :thumb: I'm a fan of the matte finish. I'm curious about how well those inlay stickers stay on; is there any tendency for them to curl at the edges or for your fingers to catch on them? Betty adds a bit of a vintage look :) I wonder if a big decal like that can be removed without harming the finish?

Mitchey75 likes this.
  3. Mitchey75

Mitchey75 Member

Thank you ;)

Well I do not really need the artificial aging guitars but I like guitars with matte finish!!!

I only can recommend the Inlay Stickers, they stay where they are and do not curl at all for months. Bending is no problem at all because they are very thin and I was gettung used to them ver quick!

If you are using good quality stickers you can remove them w/o any problem.

Victek likes this.