Boost Pedal For Effects Loop

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by Jack S., Aug 23, 2017.

1. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Senior Member

Re the DSL40C that's a good idea. I use only the Green channel but am aware of the effects of the shared EQ and the outboard EQ would appear to be the perfect fix.

2. kysrsoze

kysrsoze Senior Member

Yeah, wrong. I now have one. It's beautifully clean when you want it to be. Or it's any ratio of the two that you want. And an LPB-1 isn't all that clean.

Rhust likes this.
  3. BanditPanda

Yeah, wrong to you too!
    I use 2 on my board. One in front of amp and one thru the fx loop.
    On my board I dig the way the LPB drives my OD's and thru the Loop it serves as a clean volume boost.
    Please be assured that the LPB is extremely clean. Any dirt you may be hearing is either coming from it's boost to pedals after it or if none then it's boost of the preamp tubes in your amp. YMMV.
    Let's not spend our time extolling or disclaiming the virtues of an O/D pedal vs. a Linear Power Boost.
    You've got an O/D pedal which you use as clean boost. Fantastic.
    I've got a clean boost which I use as a clean boost. Fantastic.
    Hey Rhusty gimme a " like " willya ? lol

Rhust likes this.
  4. Rhust

Rhust Senior Member

if you turn up the LPB it can be dirty. idk if it is how it boosts certain frequencies that cause some amps to get really dirty with it, but it's def. dirty... but it does do something great.

the klon style pedals also work as an awesome clean boost... in fact, until you get the gain knob up close to noon, it's still very clean... and it definitely does something great too..

in this application, I probably wouldn't use either in the effects loop. because I like what they do in front of the amp, slamming the preamp grid. in the loop, for a flat volume boost without tone coloration, an EQ pedal or the micro amp is my weapons of choice...

or you can even put a volume pedal in the loop, like I do now, for swells and shit, and set your level with the volume pedal down -15% or something... then just go to 100% when you need it... talk about using the right tool for the job ;)

BanditPanda likes this.
  5. BanditPanda

Right on Rhusty!
    BP