Bogner/Line 6 all tube amp with modeling also.......Whuuuut?!!

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by coldsteal2, Nov 12, 2007.

1. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

Bogner/Line 6 all tube amp with modeling also.......Whuuuut?!!

Line 6 - Spider Valve Recording Artists trying it out!! Click on the 100HD for the really good vids
    Line 6 - Spider Valve interviews

100watt all tube Bogner/Line 6 head is only $799 while the price lasts! (no F'ng Way!)
    40watt 1-12 (greenback) $699
    50watt 2-12 (greenbacks) $829

Look out its like a Mesa Boogie, Fender, Marshall Plexi, Bogner with Podxt built in.
    The modeling is post tube preamp so the modeling is mainly the effects

Amp modeling and digital effects in a classic tube amp.
    The Spider Valve amp head delivers 12 channels of amp modeling - combined with several flavors of built-in modulation, delay and reverb driven by an all tube, all Bogner amplification design boasting 6L6 power tubes, 12AX7 preamp tubes and premium Celestion® Vintage 30 speakers.

Spider Valve™ is the result of a groundbreaking collaboration between Line 6 and Reinhold Bogner fusing the versatility of modeling with the performance and feel of a world-class tube amplifier.

Just as Line 6 revolutionized the world of amps through pioneering modeling technology, Spider Valve shatters the boundaries of tube amp performance by applying that same tonal range to Bogner's all-tube amp design, boutique component selection and stellar voicing.

Combining the performance, response and feel of a well crafted tube amp with the inspiring capabilities of amp and effect modeling - the Spider Valve amplifier delivers the best of both worlds.

Modeling + Tubes
    The Spider Valve design combines 12AX7 preamp tubes with Line 6's signature modeling front-end, a marriage that allows each part of the sonic equation to deliver what it does best: creamy, cascading distortion and enriched harmonics from the tubes, and 12 of the world's finest amp models and seven stunning effects from the modeling front end. And, of course, perfectly matched 6L6 power tubes driving Celestion® Vintage 30 speakers to deliver unprecedented sonic impact and spatial imaging.

With the simple front-end controls and display, programmable patches and presets are instantly within reach. Tweak your tone even further with the front panel Presence, Drive, Bass, Mid and Treble controls: this is a true-blue tube amp, and it acts like one, responding and delivering all the analog detail, performance and warmth of every amp model and effect.

Unleash your effects arsenal.
    From the DL4™ stompbox to the Echo Farm™ plug-in, Line 6 effects have achieved cult status in top studios and stage rigs of discerning guitarists. With Spider Valve, Line 6 delivers a palette of top grade integrated effects - easily accessed and tweaked from the front panel using the SmartControl FX knobs.

Modulation
    A choice of phaser, chorus or tremolo lets you tweak your tone from rich luscious modulations to dramatic orbital gyrations.

Delay
    From the swirling feedback of the sweep echo to the organic decay of the tape echo, Spider Valve delays provide an unmatched level of dimension and depth.

Reverb
    The Spider Valve effects arsenal is complete with a dedicated reverb control allowing you to dial in anything from subtle ambiences to cavernous spaces.

The Bogner Story
    Reinhold Bogner, the principal designer at Bogner Amplification, had been designing and building amplifiers long before leaving Germany in 1989. Moving to Los Angeles he quickly gained the trust of many influential players including Steve Stevens, Dan Huff, Allan Holdsworth, Mike Landau and Steve Vai who sought out his skill at modifying and custom building their amps.

But it was overhauling and revitalizing Eddie Van Halen's legendary 1968 Marshall® Plexi in 1992 that propelled Bogner to legendary status and inspired him to launch his own high-end amp company, Bogner Amplification. Acclaimed for their rich, robust tones, channel-switching sophistication and sonic versatility - Bogner amps have earned a maniacally devoted following among discerning guitarists such as Jerry Cantrell, Lyle Workman, Wes Borland, Chris DeGarmo, Keith Urban, Richie Sambora and many others.

Using only premium components - in tandem with a level of craftsmanship that can only be referred to as "artistry"- Bogner amplifiers more than deserve their exalted reputation. Ever the restless creator, Bogner brought those same priorities, standards and sensibilities to bear on the Spider Valve design. Each Spider Valve amp the 112, 212 and HD100 combines the talent and experience of Bogner, arguably the tube world's leading light, with the know-how and technological savvy of the world's leader in modeling, Line 6.

All Line 6 products come with 24-7 customer support services. Use the automated help request system, access discussion forums, and download software updates and user manuals, plus a lot more.

* All product names used in this webpage are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6. These trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds were studied during Line 6's sound model development.

Line 6 Spider Valve 100HD 100W Guitar Amp Head Specifications:

Weight: 35 lbs
    Dimensions: 29" L x 14" H x 13" D
    Line 6 Spider Valve 100HD 100W Guitar Amp Head Features:

100W Class AB tube amp through (2) 12AX7 preamp tubes and (4) 6L6 power tubes
    12 dialed in amp models (channel voices) that deliver a complete tonal range from shimmering clean to insane grind
    7 Smart Control FX (up to 3 simultaneous) including Tape Echo, Sweep Echo, Standard Delay (all with Tap Tempo) Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, and Reverb
    Built-in front panel tuner
    36 user programmable channels
    300+ artist created presets covering the greatest guitar tones of all time
    POD® XLR direct out for studio direct tone
    Compatible with FBV2, FBV Express and FBV Shortboard foot controllers
    Single and dual 1/4" speaker output jacks for connection to auxiliary cabinets (4, 8 or 16 ohms)
    1/4" power amp input jack for POD® amp and effect modelers
    Order today with the protection of our 45-day lowest price and total satisfaction guarantees!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

Damn i just found the amp ive been looking for!
    Make sure you let all the videos play when it gets into the
    metal settings, it knocks your socks off
    The first videos are the 40watt 2-12
    the second set are 100watt 4 12 cab

the Michael Ripoll Insane setting, is identical to Eddie V's sound

Got to check out the videos, its TONE TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!

$799 for a 100 watt bogner head.........

You cant even get a bottom line Bogner for less than $1,700

3. lp59aholicDon

lp59aholicDon V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

hey Might work for you Cold, Go Test drive and see if it gives you more G.A.S. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4. im_b0r3d_

im_b0r3d_ V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Hmm...sounds interesting...I wonder how good the clean channel is? Ehh...

5. LoKi

LoKi V.I.P. Member

I played the 40 watt 1x12, and it smoked. My next amp purchase may have to be that little badboy.

6. MIDNIGHT

MIDNIGHT V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

haha :rofl:

i guess it just dawned on you coldsteal huh? :wave: :naughty:

:rofl:

:hippie:

7. WBPickups

WBPickups Guest

Line 6 is sending me a couple to play around at the shop if you want to try them. Should be here the end of next week...

8. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

Did you watch the videos? the clean chanels sound great

9. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

Awesome!!!

10. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

There are so many amps that sound good for one sound
    but not others, this baby does it all, thats the amp of
    my dreams

11. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

Whuuuuuuuuuuut:applause:

12. ArchEtech

ArchEtech V.I.P. Member

I've herd mixed things about them. I really was interested in trying one out, but I've in addition to some of the good things, I've herd they are basically spider III amps and models with actually tubes and suffer from the same buzzy, fuzzy, microchip sounding distortions. I've liked line 6 stuff I've herd with direct recording but I have yet to hear a combo flextone, spider or otherwise that sounded good. No one local has them, I haven't tried on yet.

13. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

I thought they just came out

We have a Line-6 dealer in Chico guess
    ill just have to check it out in person.

According to the basic schematic, looks like you go into the line six
    then has a digital to Analog converter, and that signal goes into the
    12AX7's and 6L6's, which is kind of like pluging a Podxt into a bogner,
    but there is dry amp settings to
    "Scratches head and thinks.........hmmmm"

[​IMG]

14. LoKi

LoKi V.I.P. Member

So like putting a distortion box in front of a tube amp, or what? I liked the one I tried quite a bit.

15. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

I guess thats the gist,

from the videos i seen, the tone was really incredible and
    really tube, at least the ones for the 100watt head were

16. lexluthier

lexluthier V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

I tried one, I wish they would make one with the Vetta front end. One problem is it really doesn't sound all that good at low volumes, if you get it pushing some air then the power section starts working and it sounds better. I just wasn't wild about the limited selections for overdrive, though I could get some sounds I could live with out of it. I'm not sure what to make of it, really.

17. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

sounds werid

18. Shawn Fate

Shawn Fate Senior Member

I would bet, knowing line6, the factory presets suck but can be tweaked to sound good.
    I hated the factory presets in my POD XT Pro and my Vetta, a little tweaking to the patches can make them sound good though once you know what you are doing.

19. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

Yea, the downloadble users settings are alot better, but the best
    way is tweaking them yourself, you always have to increase the
    channel volume each time so it will kick in, at least on mine its
    that way. I always make sure to save them all on computer incase
    i loose them on the pod.

20. lexluthier

lexluthier V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Yea, I fiddled with the settings because the factory settings I tried sucked.