Bogner Atma

Discussion in 'Amplified Parts' started by Weldaar, May 9, 2017.

1. Weldaar

Weldaar V.I.P. Member

I have a Bogner Atma. 4, 8 or 16 ohms. I have a 2X12 cabinet with 8 ohm speakers. So I run it at 4 ohms. Positive terminal to positive terminal. Sounds great. So then I wired the speakers to run it at 8 ohms. I wired the speakers negative to positive to make the two 8 ohms speakers be at 8 ohms. Sounded too trebly. Is that normal?

2. Weldaar

Weldaar V.I.P. Member

3. Weldaar

Weldaar V.I.P. Member

Nevermind, I just realized that wiring it positive to negative increases the ohms. What a dunce I am.

4. AmplifiedParts

AmplifiedParts MLP Sponsor

No problem! I would generally run it at 4 ohms if I had the choice like you do. Running it at 16 would be fine too but I always found I like the bass response running at a lower impedance. That could just be me hearing things that aren't there though haha.

5. Weldaar

Weldaar V.I.P. Member

Yes, I do like the 4 ohm tone better. Problem is that I am getting a Friedman Runt 20, and they only run at 8 or 16 ohms. I wish they did run at 4 ohms.

6. Weldaar

Weldaar V.I.P. Member

I am guessing that there is no way to run a 8 or 16 ohm impedance head at 4 ohms safely.

7. AmplifiedParts

AmplifiedParts MLP Sponsor

Yeah not the greatest idea. I always try and match up the impedance exactly if I can but you generally don't want to go lower if that makes sense.

Weldaar likes this.
  8. Weldaar

Weldaar V.I.P. Member

I was chatting with Dave from Friedman amps. He told me there is a tap inside that can be changed from 8 or 16 ohms to 4 or 8 ohms. I just need to get a schematic for it.

AmplifiedParts likes this.