Blue chip picks

Discussion in 'Tonefreaks' started by Nilitara, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Nilitara

Nilitara Senior Member

Hi all

Hearing really good reviews of these...unfortunately not available here in the UK, just wondering is anyone using them? I understand they are quite pricey!! Do they warrant the price tag?

Nige

2. gbroadhurst

gbroadhurst Premium Member

Yes a TD 40. Does not bend, in fact it would more than likely snap before bending. Had one for about 3yrs now. Bought it when I picked up a Martin D42 Peter Frampton. Now use it playing a Lester.
    Overall wearing well, never feels like it is slipping out of my fingers, seems to make strings ring brighter.
    I do also believe they go kinda weird if you get them wet, according to Guthrie Govan

1 person likes this.
  3. drugprowlingwolf

drugprowlingwolf Senior Member

Never tried 'em but a pick is a cheap way to get a noticeable difference in tone.

That said, these aren't cheap for picks, lol.

4. Nilitara

Nilitara Senior Member

Thanks for your reply, it was the TD 40 I was looking at. They are 1.00mm aren't they? Currently using a 1.00mm JD

5. gbroadhurst

gbroadhurst Premium Member

Yes they are 1mm. I really do like it and would buy again.

6. NorlinBlackBeauty

NorlinBlackBeauty Member

Blue Chip picker here. I have two TAD 50s and three TAD 40s. Started using BC on my Martins ~2 years ago. Very little pick/string noise. They glide off of the strings with little perceived friction. Maybe I'm just telling myself that for the $40 a pop. The tone is outstanding.

The TAD 50 is perfect on the .013" - .056" strings on the HD-28 and the TAD 40s for my D12-28 and LP (both .010s). The 3 pointed TADs will probably last forever. I've conditioned myself not to loose them - so far, so good.

Pricey, but they do not wear out. You literally need a microscope to see any signs of significant wear. Made of Area 51 stuff or something.

7. scrumm21

scrumm21 Silver Supporter Premium Member

.....and I thought V-Picks were pricey......wow