Best straps for Les Pauls

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by Alves57, Jul 10, 2016.

1. KissGuitar

KissGuitar Senior Member

I like the Lock-it leather straps. I started buying them when I bought my first historical, mainly because I didn't want to change out the buttons. I've been very happy with them! They make non-leather ones also if leather isn't what you want.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Frankg11

Frankg11 Senior Member

1 person likes this.
  3. Dolebludger

Dolebludger Premium Member

If you get a strap with very thick, hard leather ends that attach to the buttons, you might be safe with it without strap locks. I have some straps like this that are very difficult to mount on the buttons, and do not pull off via gravity. I know there have been reports of failure of good strap locks. If you have a poly finished Epi, and if it will fit in the case well without removing the strap, the "big washer" method might be the safest.

1 person likes this.
  4. Fuelish

Fuelish Senior Member

Any strap that's comfortable .... I use a 3.5" padded fender branded strap (appears to be a Levy's), and use rubber beer bottle "washers" (think flip-top bottles) instead of strap-locks, have never had a problem.

5. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

Fretsling

6. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Senior Member

7. ajory72

ajory72 Senior Member

In the 33 years i've played guitar i've used nylon - leather - leather/cotton + polyester/cotton combos and they all have their place still on my guitars.

But my favorite lately is a super wimpy, over colourful strap meant for bass which I find is so overly comfy I hardly know its there!

[​IMG]

8. kevinpaul

kevinpaul Premium Member

I like the Vintage Fender strap. The one up from the cheap plastic one. Looks good and the shoulder pad helps. The big wide jobs went out with giant neck ties.

Attached Files:

9. Guitar Rod

Guitar Rod Senior Member

I use a black leather Slash/Page type strap on my Epi Les Paul. The skinny strap with a big adjustable shoulder pad. Just looks right. Schaller strap locks. Nothing for the R9 as of yet. For my Strat/Tele, nylon Ernie Ball straps. No strap locks. None are heavy guitars. All 8.2 pounds except the R9 which is 7.8.

Anyone use those Fender rubber washer strap locks? I don't really want to alter the Strat or R9 with Schallers.

10. 1all's Pub

1all's Pub Senior Member

The Gibson Gear padded straps are very nice... But pricey!!! I own one and it's a very high quality piece of leather and neoprene though. Here's the one I own:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HR6254/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1w (ignore the fact that Amazon calls it an acoustic strap...it's not)

That said, the most comfortable strap I own is actually a cheapie. And I find myself reaching for this one more often than not. It's a $20 LM fleece padded bass strap. The downside is, it's not super high quality...so it won't last like a good, quality strap. But since it is so cheap it's easy and affordable to just buy another when it wears out.

Here's a link:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FJMTG4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

11. Telechamp

Telechamp Senior Member

I really like my Walker & Williams Distressed Leather Bomber Jacket strap recommended by another forum member.

Fantastic soft leather strap with a cool distressed look. Very sturdy. Reasonable price, too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. leocuellar

leocuellar Senior Member

I have the gibson "Montana" strap, is the best looking strap I've ever seen, made out of high quality leather with padded memory foam back, super comfortable and looks amazing with Les Pauls, I love it
    [​IMG]

13. nitrodave08

nitrodave08 Senior Member

14. Alves57

Alves57 Member

Thanks again for the recommendations! I also bought a Dunlop Strap lock, waiting for it to arrive.

15. Daytripper67

Daytripper67 Member

16. Thunder Dump

Thunder Dump Senior Member

17. skydog

skydog Senior Member

Love my "Z" strap!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Mr. Satchmo

Mr. Satchmo Senior Member

19. assgoblin

assgoblin Junior Member

seriously people, give italia straps a try. I am a quality freak on everything. always trying to get the best. paired up with a set of schaller strap locks and I feel safe with my customs that I will never drop one (I do check the strap pins on the guitar to make sure they are tight at least once a month just to make sure). the cost will be around 100us per guitar (schallers plus strap) but its worth it for the comfort the look and the security you will get. my 2 cents

20. kmasters68

kmasters68 Premium Member

Attached Files: