best bridge to get for new build

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by Flyin Z, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Flyin Z

Flyin Z Member

Need to know the best bridge and tailpiece to buy for es 335. Do not want to use any tremolo, just regular bridge.

2. MSB

MSB Senior Member

"best" is a very loose term. You could go Faber, Creamtone, etc. Or PLT will get you just about anything you want for much cheaper, if that's the route you want to go.

we need more info, nashville, abr, nickel, aged, etc?...

Kris Ford likes this.
  3. ARandall

ARandall Senior Member

The best one will be whatever gives you the look and tone you want.

As you have not bothered to tell us the look you want, nor any existing hole sizes, and (until you've swapped in/out every type to make a direct comparison) nobody will know the best tonally for the specific guitar you have, its pointless making any broad conjectural statements.

4. Flyin Z

Flyin Z Member

I just mainly wanted to know the best brand names for the ones like they use on the les pauls. I know there is one type of bridge for LP that sets flat on the top and shimmed up to the proper height, but I don't remember what the name of it was.

5. BADMAN67

BADMAN67 Member

Faber do every variation in style and nos/aged/metric/imperial size.They make spacers to clamp tailpiece down too. Used a wraparound on a D.C. Junior build and im very happy with it.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  6. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Oxblood Addict V.I.P. Member

Callaham
    Faber
    Pigtail
    Mojoaxe
    Creamtone
    MSSC
    Etc., Etc.....

7. Paul46

Paul46 Senior Member

I have gravitated to Gotoh hardware for pretty much all my guitars. Well made, rock solid and you don't get rinsed on price.

bluesriffdev likes this.
  8. 6077dino

6077dino Senior Member

9. bluesriffdev

bluesriffdev Senior Member

I'm pretty sure a lot of TonePros stuff is made by Gotoh, too. I love Gotoh. Their bridges do an amazing job, and cost barely anything for a quality item from Japan. Their tuners are great, too. As someone who plays mainly in C, I used to think I'd have to stick with grovers on pretty much any 3x3 headstock guitar, but I've never had any problem since using the Gotoh SD90s, I don't even know if I'd bother getting the locking screw-top ones.

10. Kris Ford

Kris Ford Senior Member

11. bluesriffdev

I figured I'll ask in this thread since I don't think the question warrants its own: Would getting roller saddles on an abr-1 be worthwhile for a bigsby installation, or not worth the effort of finding roller saddles that'll fit?

12. ARandall

ARandall Senior Member

Check out some roller bridges.....you might find one with the right stud spacing

bluesriffdev likes this.
  13. bluesriffdev

They only seem to be made for the bigger Nashville style bridges, I've already got a Gotoh ABR1 sitting around. Would regular nashville saddles fit in an abr1? I'd guess if they do I'd be able to buy the roller saddles individually and just stick them in.