Bernice Rossington

Discussion in 'Vintage Les Pauls' started by FLICKOFLASH, Apr 13, 2007.

1. SkaneatelesLake

SkaneatelesLake Senior Member

After commenting on a Facebook post regarding Gary's equipment, No one could answer exactly where Bernice is at this point. Some say (including a couple on this thread) that she is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next to Steve's '58 Explorer. I would like to think this is true, but my son's company rented out the R&R Hall of Fame for a party and there were several tour guides available for individuals. He called me and asked what I wanted to see. I instantly said Lynyrd Skynyrd. The guide said there wasn't much. He took my son to it and there were not two guitars there. Just wondering if anyone know for sure where Bernice is. Thanks and sorry for bringing up an old thread.

2. E1WOOD5150

E1WOOD5150 Purveyor of Joke Grenades

Not to pick at nits, but isn't the proper spelling on Gary's mother's name (and the guitar) BERNEICE?

3. GearHo

GearHo Premium Member

Being a big fan of Rossington reissues, I grew to appreciate the attention to certain details from the original.
    The faux headstock repair, double thumbwheels, black screws on the pick up surrounds, things like that. One of the strangest reissues ever IMO, a stamped 58 that is a replica of a 59, with a headstock break. Disc caps, instead of bumblebees, gold hardware with different tuners, some stamped schaller, others Gibson.

Heavier than most LP's, aged by Murphy etc.

My favorite reissue from Gibson.