Bennett Music Labs: Tweed 5F11 Vibroux Amp Clones

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by bruce bennett, Jan 6, 2015.

1. robertoa1a

robertoa1a Premium Member

To his credit, I would say that he has chipped away at a good deal of the debt for a failing business.

That doesn't make things right but at least he is trying to make progress.

I was under the assumption that he was a complete right off. I was surprised that he came through. Late, but better late than never.

Let him pay.

2 people like this.
  2. VictorB

VictorB Formerly LZF Super Mod

1 person likes this.
  3. chasenblues

chasenblues Senior Member

6 people like this.
  4. socialhero

socialhero Senior Member

Bruce sent me $130 today (holy moses!); total debt to me is now $200.

That's more than I expected. So I'm happy about that. He's trying, at least.

200 more dollars before this thing is over. We'll see what happens from here.

5 people like this.
  5. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

Glad you got a payment. One can only guess where that $$$ came from. :eek:

6. kuhboom

kuhboom Senior Member

It came from 3 stolen fretboards and a swindled $100 bill.

6 people like this.
  7. matt@msscguitar

matt@msscguitar www.MSSCGuitar.com Premium Member MLP Vendor V.I.P. Member

What an absolute disgrace this situation is and he has the gall to blame God?! What a POS!

8 people like this.
  8. socialhero

socialhero Senior Member

After my last post yesterday, Bruce sent me another $100.

Today, he sent me another $100.

That's the $200 left he owed me, so he and I are now square.

I never thought we'd get here, but I'm glad we did.

Caveat emptor, still.

At least this ordeal is over.

25 people like this.
  9. VictorB

On to the next....

10 people like this.
  10. XKnight

XKnight Senior Member

Glad to hear that Bruce made good on the debt he owed you. Seems that he is sincere in trying to make things right after getting caught up in some bad business decisions. I have to give the man credit for doing the right thing. Many lesser men would have just thrown up their hands and walked away from the whole situation.

11. Open_Book

Open_Book Senior Member

^What he said - Bruce is his own worst enemy, but I don't believe he's an out-and-out conman. /and no I'm not defending him just giving him the BOTD.

12. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

Lying to people and swindling their money is not a con?:hmm:

3 people like this.
  13. northernguitarguy

Like Bruce is doing with a number of other members? Last post, April 12th.:hmm:

1 person likes this.
  14. Open_Book

Open_Book Senior Member

You seem to have a hard-on for him - how much did he take you for, naff-all I bet.

And I bet you have never told a lie, eh? Nah...

I'll say it again: but I don't believe he's an out-and-out conman. /and no I'm not defending him just giving him the BOTD That'd be one who's real intent is to mislead and steal with no remorse, not a clumsy business man who is human and makes a bad decision or 10 - though its clear he will pay his debts, unlike some.

Many custom builders have a sh*t business sense and do as bruce has - taken money to pay for something else to fund rent/etc. I don't condone it.

BTW - I've been taken for way more than Social Hero on a custom built project. That guy was a conman through-and-through. I think I can make that distinction between what a Black Hearted sh*t is and what bruce is, Imho. YMMV - so have at it.

15. northernguitarguy

I have the hard-on? How about the guy who believes his BS?:hmm:

FTR, I worked for myself for ten years and never screwed any of my customers over. When mistakes happened, I refunded people immediately, not after five years of having them chase me for bits here and there. My business reputation mattered to me. At times, it did cost me out of pocket, but it was more important to do the right thing than whine about it and ignore my responsibilities.

I'm glad SocialHero got his dough, but there are others who haven't, and they are still being fed the BS. Read through the threads and witness for yourself the lies, the spinning of blame, the outright deception, and more, through comments that came from the man himself.

6 people like this.
  16. Open_Book

Open_Book Senior Member

Don't get your panties in a wad with me. Bruce is enough for you.

You are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

I've read All the threads about Bruce. I know he has some way to go - and he has been paying back while others wouldn't bother.

What didn't you get when I said he's a clumsy businessman or he's his own worst enemy.

I've seen him give a bunch of his time in the Luthiers section, here. Its my opinion he's not a black hearted SOAB as some would paint him. Don't let my opinion cause you sleepless nights. Its an opinion.

H8ers gonna h8. :)

17. northernguitarguy

Would he be paying back these guys if there weren't such a kerfuffle being raised about it? Without all that has been said, my bet is that SocialHero wouldn't have been paid back a cent. But don't get your panties in a wad, it's only my opinion. :laugh2:

P.S. People who use the 'haters gonna hate' line make themselves sound ignorant.

7 people like this.
  18. VictorB

Your opinion, in MY opinion is an extremely watered down version of the situation. The extent of Bruce's "clumsy business practices" goes way beyond the membership of this forum. I can only hope to help those who were ripped off as a result of him once being a Vendor here.

In all this mess, Bruce has blamed everyone for his plight, and hasn't once accepted responsibility.

While owing money/product to people, he's accepted money for new work, and even offered to buy a Corvette off of another forum member.

Then there's the cleaning up of Chibsons for a "buddy" to be sold as the real deal in the UK market.

And let's not forget, while owing people money, he owns a vintage LP special, and is soliciting students for a "build your own amp" class.

Oh! And the Les Paul replica he built for sale with Gibson on the headstock... And the Fender amp clones that were for sale on his Reverb page with the Fender logo attached to them...

Yeah, he's just a misunderstood, clumsy businessman, you're right. Bwahahaha! :laugh2:

I don't care what he's contributed in the Luthier's Corner. Maybe if he spent more time actually building guitars he promised to customers instead of posting here, he wouldn't have dug his own grave.

16 people like this.
  19. Open_Book

Open_Book Senior Member

As I said before I've read all the 'he's done this an 'that'. I don't condone his actions. His sins have caught up with him, but theres worse on the planet...

PS Northernguitarguy" "
    "P.S. People who use the 'haters gonna hate' line make themselves sound ignorant."

As you are to smiley and a sense of humor! :D

20. HardCore Troubadour

HardCore Troubadour Senior Member

it is easy to say there is worse, when it is not your money that is gone.

11 people like this.