Behringer

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Al Walker, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Al Walker

Al Walker Senior Member

I aquired a LX1-112 Behringer V-ampire (free). Out for replacement of gain pot and amp selector. I don't see many people here with a Behringer. Does this mean they aren't any good? I've seen videos of them that sounded very good and some not so much. Whats up with them?

frankv likes this.
  2. frankv

frankv Have You Ever Lost A Love? V.I.P. Member

Like so many things in life your experience with the product will vary greatly.. Only you can say if the sounds that you hear are pleasing to you. Considering the amount of money you paid you can't get hurt.

3. monty john

monty john Senior Member

Behringer =I run....had a PA piece of gear and it died on the job....so done

northernguitarguy and StingyCH like this.
  4. StingyCH

StingyCH The Bearded guy from Heidi land..

To me, the FCB-1010 still running solid since 2003..got an Eurolive speaker and still running..got one of those "V-Amp" (pedal) and it was crap..and a mixer that died after 3 months..so, like many things, you can get a lemon or get a gem, it's only that with this brand the ratio (in my case) is 4:2..not so good :D

Beside this, to the OP:
    we all started somewhere with modeling/digital stuff, so be positive. Try to squeeze the best you can from what you have, when you'll need more, buy something else. I've heard very nice things done with older/cheaper equipment, and very bad things played out from a 5000$ PRS and top shelf amps..with this I'm not gonna say that a 200$ modeler/amp is the same as a 2000$ one..but we play for fun and joy so as @frankv said, be happy with your ears and not with what other people use :) and if you get inspired, mission accomplished!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    mmd and frankv like this.
  5. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

It's very old tech now, but hey it was essentially free, so plug it in and play around with it.

frankv likes this.
  6. AllTheSound

AllTheSound Senior Member

I always felt the same way whenever i s

Yeah i never liked Behringer stuff either , couple pieces i had in the past were pretty much crap. They have been stepping up their game recently, I gave them another shot and just picked up the Behringer Model D (minimoog clone) definitely a game changer. Best sounding mono synth i have ever owned.

frankv likes this.
  7. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

We pump our whole band through an X18 so our bassist and drummer can use in-ear monitors. The only benefit to me and the audience is our vocals are amplified. The thing makes me nervous, especially when an analog Mackie or Yamaha board would yield the same results.

8. Al Walker

Al Walker Senior Member

My tech buddy said they use a lot of cheap parts and parts are hard to get. It was free. The only problem with it was the shafts were broken on the pot and selector. Everything works, as far as I know. Since we got it together this morning I'll be playing around with it today.

9. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

I think you'll have some fun with it.

10. monty john

monty john Senior Member

Sorry about the negative post guys....I had a Powered Mixer Europoop and it died during the first set...took it to my tech and said the power amp was dead and to get the part would be a 6 month wait to get it and the cost was off the chart..so that was my experience...we ended up puttin the vocals through a bass rig to get through the nite.

StingyCH and northernguitarguy like this.
  11. Al Walker

Al Walker Senior Member

monty john, don't worry, I'd feel the same way If something did that to me.

12. Zungle

Zungle Senior Member

Hi Al,

Their old technology but... V-Ampire amps are actually very usable and enjoyable practice amps......they actually cover alot of ground and were a good value even when new.

I kept one around for years and still record and wank with a V-Amp Pro.

The routing on those amps is versatile and the direct sounds are actually very good and better than many modeling combo amps out there....ie... line 6 and vox.

The V-Ampire Amps have both digital cab modeling and analog cab modeling. w/balance xlr and unbalanced connectors....as well as RCA ins for effects or other devices.

The V-Ampire's have some deep editing capabilities including extra gain,global and channel EQ ,output routing, MIDI channel and Midi assignment etc...all work well.

The effects are not to die for but they are usable and quiet.

The the noise gate,reverb and compressor are actually very decent...in moderation.

If you have any questions let me know, I can probably help you out.

13. wildhawk1

wildhawk1 Senior Member

Behringer was known for QA issues around the net years ago.

They've since improved and released products like Bugera amps to great reviews.

Here's one of my favorite Behringer in use videos.

Family (two sons, sister and mom) made it for their dad/husbands birthday.

As a Floyd fan I approve this V-Ampire post.

parts and Zungle like this.
  14. Mexicanbreed

Mexicanbreed Senior Member

My audio interface is the UMHD404. Got it last year and it has never given me any issues, but I hardly push it. I don´t know...since I don´t need it for any pro sort of stuff, I´m quite happy with its performance.

15. patrick2099

patrick2099 Senior Member

I have the same thing, and was seriously surprised by the quality of it. I thought it was going to look and feel like a toy, but it didn't. I haven't had any issues with it, and have already gotten my money's worth out of it. I'm sure there are nicer interfaces out there, but for me the UMC404HD was perfect.

16. Left Paw

Left Paw Senior Member

Fine for sitting around at home. I wouldn't play out with one.