Beano on Ebay

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by burp43, Jun 1, 2012.

1. burp43

burp43 Junior Member

I'm dying for a Beano, and I LOVE the top on this one...but alas, it is in Italy. Also it seems like the same seller sold the exact same one three months ago. Not sure what is up with that. Anyone have any experience buying from international sellers?

Gibson Custom Shop, Eric Clapton "Beano" 1960 Les Paul Reissue.(VOS) | eBay

2 people like this.
  2. HDS

HDS Senior Member

I found Beano at the store myself!

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  3. burp43

burp43 Junior Member

They both work for GAS! :D

9 people like this.
  4. jamman

jamman Premium Member

I've bought a couple of guitars from overseas . I think you should adress the question about selling the same guitar 2x's beofore doing anything . Unless that's put to rest to your satisfaction I wouldn't send any money .
    With 1 guitar I got though ebay (International), the seller only had a few sales and feedbacks . Many emails and telephones call over a month is when i finally made the move to buy . It's aways a risk , but you should feel some confidence that the sale will go as planned . get references of the seller if possible . On ebay if the transaction is backed by them , if need be you could get your money back if your scammed. Be careful . ask every question you think of, and post a NGD when she gets here.:lol:

5. guitarnut_germany

guitarnut_germany Senior Member

I don't see what makes a beano different to a regural R0... the grovers? The case candy? I really don't get it. They didn't have an original guitar to measure and copy... this whole beano hype looks like BS to me...

someone enlighten?

3 people like this.
  6. sikoniko

sikoniko Senior Member

alnico 3 magnets?

have you played one? When I bought mine, it beat 4 other les pauls in a blind test.

1 person likes this.
  7. kdm

kdm Senior Member

PayPal is accepted, I see no problem.

8. guitarnut_germany

guitarnut_germany Senior Member

So I buy an R0, put alnico 3 BBs in it, grovers and have a beano, right?

..... aaaa ok, I wouldn't have this beano album and candy.... :cool:

Don't get me wrong, it may be a great guitar, but that's no "beano" to me, that's an R0 with an EC sticker...

9. CRobbins

CRobbins Premium Member

I thought Clapton top-wrapped his strings? :shock:

10. AxeBuilder

AxeBuilder Senior Member

Nice-looking top on that one. Would you buy it to play or hang on the wall?

11. joff

joff Senior Member

Send the Seller a message asking why the sale did not go ahead last time...i did when they had it advertised last month and i got a rather odd reply about a Russian transaction or something not going ahead??? I did not understand what it mean't at-all...and the price of that guitar seems to go up and down which is odd too...sometimes if it is too good to be true then it probably is...be careful.

Send me a PM...i know of another one that might be available in the UK.

1 person likes this.
  12. joff

joff Senior Member

The Beanos have Custom Buckers which were wound to a spec that Eric Clapton accepted as 'spot on' in his opinion...it also has a neck that is shaved to a profile which is to Eric Claptons' satisfaction...it has Grovers fitted as standard which is a nice upgrade...they are a flametop R0...they have a 1 peice rosewood fretboard...and if you look at the prices of new R0 flametops they are over £4,000 in the UK anyway and now have a 2 peice rosewood fretboard!

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  13. KenG

KenG Senior Member

Must be feck of a thin neck on those Beano's! My R0V2 neck isn't as slim as the regular 60's neck and I wouldn't want it any thinner than it is now!
    I saw 2 Beano's here, one VOS at $6K new and one aged at $9K. If I had to choose the VOS was nicer than the literally dented and scratched up aged one for $3K more.

14. duck2k

duck2k Senior Member

I did try a Beano, and was very impressed with the neck and all, but I just adore my R0 - it's just me. :)*

*sumthin' about a darkburst anyway...

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  15. Fiftywattmafia

Fiftywattmafia Senior Member

Thats a nice beano.

16. guitarmandp

guitarmandp Senior Member

This sounds like total bullshit to me. Your definitely drinking the kool-aid.

I highly doubt Eric Clapton sat there and spent hours obsessing over these guitars. He rarely even plays Les Pauls.

What's more likely is that Gibson sent him (or met him backstage before a show)a couple of different prototypes or with different pickups and Gibson used the set that Clapton liked the best.

1 person likes this.
  17. Backstage

Backstage Senior Member

It's all about the different neck shaping.
    If they offered an "RDN 0" (for Reissue Different Neck '60) nobody will hop on.
    I played one: Sweet tone, ugly neck. :laugh2:

18. kdm

kdm Senior Member

Yes, the neck is much toooothin :eek:

1 person likes this.
  19. guitarmandp

guitarmandp Senior Member

Also the original Beano was a plaintop but Gibson was afraid to charge $6,500 for a plaintop (even if it did have Clapton's name) so they made the guitars lightly figured.

It's absolutely ridiculous to call the guitar a Beano replica. Beano Tribute maybe, but not a Beano replica.

1 person likes this.
  20. OPenwheel

OPenwheel Senior Member

I usually just let these threads go... I am not sure why anyone in the community would put this guitar down like this. For years there were threads begging for a 'Beano'. Ask anyone whos played one.

For those that think Eric didn't have any input.... Talk to his guitar tech the next time your at one of his shows. Dan Dierney is very approachable. The only bullshit I see here is from the people who have no facts, don't own one, or wish they had one.

Its been out over a year and one half and I recall 3 or 4 VOS on the bay and 1 Aged that I think was a fake. No signed at all have ben for sale on the bay while "name your artist here" Les Pauls are being sold left and right. Those that have them aren't letting them go. THeres a reason for that. I have seen and played all 3, VOS, aged, an aged and signed. I can tell you these are all nice guitars that anyone should be happy with. I love the neck, I love the neck on my 59 too.

It's like a fricken beauty parlor arround here. It reminds me of Bitches arguing about something they know nothing about.

3 people like this.