Bass amps that are great for guitar... GO!

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by 5-0 phonebooth, Jul 2, 2017.

1. lung plunger

lung plunger Senior Member

For some fun around the apartment, I've always had a knack to try a fender musicmaster. Looks like they can be had for the cheap. Every once in a while, I see them listed for $500 or less.

bulletproof likes this.
  2. Who

Who Who is not here. Please leave a message.... Premium Member

Most of "Who's Next" and Quadrophenia were recorded with a Gretsch hollow-body fed into a Fender Bassman.

I tried to use a Bassman once. It was loud.

bulletproof likes this.
  3. charlie chitlins

charlie chitlins Senior Member

Since I got a '58 5F6A Bassman, I don't want to gig, record or even rehearse with anything else.
    I like a Thunderbolt, but only when mic'ed. Otherwise it's so beamy it can only be appreciated 20 feet away.

chef and 5-0 phonebooth like this.
  4. CCK

CCK Senior Member

Traynor YBA-3 Custom Special. The word "loud" is totally inadequate to describe this behemoth...

chef likes this.
  5. LPPILOT

LPPILOT Senior Member

1974 when i was not playing bass on a song , I d plug my Les Paul GT in my Peavy 400 with its huge tall cabinet .

chef likes this.
  6. Shelbyblues

Shelbyblues Senior Member

I had two 66's. I recently sold one and kept this one.

B1.jpg

5-0 phonebooth likes this.
  7. 5-0 phonebooth

5-0 phonebooth Senior Member

NFAD! that's right, it's one of those new free amp day celebrations so let's get right to it. along with the amp I also dragged home a gorgeous G&L L-2000 Tribute bass traded for a Mexi Custom Strat and scored the top of the line Roland Cube Bass 60XL combo traded for a vintage Gibson C250 steel which I'd gotten free but hurt to play in proper position. I'm already missing those pieces I lost and will never get to play thru my new amp but the sounds this Fender-made bass and digital amp dish out make the losses tolerable. and as I mentioned regarding the Rolands, this CUBE is wild for guitar and even steel, there are so many options, boosts, and sweeteners to open up your guitar's tones it's pretty crazy, and you can get that old Fender Strat thump. I'm still deep in the discovery stages with a long way to go but I've split my signal to tailor the mids and lows thru my new bass amp plus my Micro Cube XL for the uppers and still get the speaker-shredding sounds I luv when pumping my basses thru the smaller XL. I'm getting the best of all worlds now and it didn't cost me a cent to significantly upgrade my whole system.

8. chef

chef Senior Member

Guitars are clean and loud through my 1990's Eden Metro 2x10 bass amp. It has a big horn tweeter. Smooth and pleasant.

5-0 phonebooth likes this.
  9. 5-0 phonebooth

5-0 phonebooth Senior Member

another NBAD to add, this time it's an Acoustic B100 MKII amp w/ 1x15'' @ $100 barely used which gives a great mellow (shocking, ain't it?) sound that get's rabid once the gain and overdrive levels are dialed in.

upload_2017-9-17_15-41-53.png

10. yeti

yeti Senior Member

I'm giving away a well kept secret here.....SF Fender Music Master.