Bartlett Retrospec Guitars

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by clutchcargo, Aug 4, 2017.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Bionic Member Premium Member

Man, who has one of these that can speak to its greatness? They are definitely beautiful, and have a very nice body cut IMO.
    The price is pretty steep however. I've seen some YouTube videos and I like them.

If anyone owns one of these please chime in with your thoughts.

2. horseman

horseman Premium Member

You should not have any second though on these guitars, Bartlett in my opinion is a master builder, top notch guitars. They are expensive but you will get what you are paying for.

clutchcargo likes this.
  3. WhiteEpiLP

WhiteEpiLP Senior Member

They also come with a pretty sweet case. Now i know you can buy a sweet case but its nice when an expensive instrument comes with a real travel case. Not what the big name makers sends their stuff out in.
    Beyond that you are definitely getting a true custom made instrument made to order.

clutchcargo likes this.
  4. bbaug14

bbaug14 Senior Member

I have one. It's an incredible instrument. I have zero complaints. I love it.

clutchcargo likes this.
  5. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Bionic Member Premium Member

How would you compare it to a Les Paul Reissue?

6. bbaug14

bbaug14 Senior Member

I wouldn't. There really isn't much of a comparison there. I did have an R8 at the same time as my Retrospec briefly, and the R8 seemed like a toy almost in comparison.

I've also owned a TB LP and played it side-by-side with my Retrospec and they are very similar in tone, as you might expect.

The build quality of the Retrospec is just fantastic. It's very much like a Les Paul in terms of tone and feel, but with a different look. If you dig the aesthetic and you love the tone of a great LP, then you really can't go wrong with a Retrospec. It's an exceptional guitar.