Barnaby's Hand Tool Tele

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Barnaby, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Barnaby

Barnaby Premium Member

:lol::lol::lol:

2. Barnaby

Barnaby Premium Member

The first tele came back to me for a routine service and setup yesterday. I thought it would be a laugh to play a basic loop and try to make a quick video using green screen stuff - basically a few metres of cheap green fabric and iMovie.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myol2ujTUqc]Old Friend - YouTube[/ame]

Just a bit of fun. :D

Have to say that the guitar has held up pretty well. The neck needed a minor truss rod adjustment and the frets a quick level and polish, but that was all.

10 people like this.
  3. njk

njk Senior Member

Every time you post now Barnaby, I get a little choked up, you need to move back home, get yourself a shed, who needs money and food and a girlfriend when you got guitars to build.

1 person likes this.
  4. mux164

mux164 Senior Member

too cool mr b, lovely guitar

1 person likes this.
  5. fatdaddypreacher

fatdaddypreacher V.I.P. Member

you never cease to amaze and entertain. i'd go for a series on you tube. you have all the elements of being one of the 'stars'.

nice sound. definately got the tele vibe. great job....again!

1 person likes this.
  6. Barnaby

Barnaby Premium Member

You guys are waaaaay too kind!

It's odd...I do get quite a few people suggesting I should be more serious about the Internet side of things. Start a webpage, make a blog, promote my YouTube channel and all the rest. The only thing is that I feel really uncomfortable with self-promotion and marketing. I'm happy to do things for fun and put them here, but don't want to be pushy. I don't think that my playing is even close to good enough for me to be suggesting that lots of people should listen to it, or that my guitar building is skilled enough for me to suggest that lots of people should learn from it.

Luckily, I'm not in this as a business and don't need to make any money from building or playing, so MLP is the perfect place to hang with a group of people who I like, respect and who have become my friends. That's you guys! :thumb:

7. fatdaddypreacher

fatdaddypreacher V.I.P. Member

it's not always about the playing, although i think you are considerably more than capable. it's about the total package. you bring so much to the table, you underestimate your overall appeal. just do what you did....just more of it. it's not so much marketing, as it is sharing what you love to do and having fun at it. one of the things, imo, that makes it so appealing is that it is obvious that you don't take yourself so seriously and you have fun at it. it's just your attitude. go for it. we all get way to serious about ourselves and the things we do at times. go ahead...entertain us. i'll go make some fresh popcorn.

2 people like this.