bad reaction to a bee sting anyone??

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Joeydego, Oct 1, 2017.

1. RAG7890

RAG7890 Premium Member

You may we’ll be developing an allergic reaction to a Bee Sting.

My Wife needs an Epi Pen fast if she gets Stung by a Bee.

Over time you can develop an allergy that results in an anaphylactic reaction, which left untreated, can result in death.

Apparently it happens to some people, they get Stung a few times & the reactions just get worse over time.

I’ve been Stung twice but to date I’m OK.

Might be worth discussing with your Doctor.

Good luck.

:cheers2:

Thumpalumpacus and JCM900MkIII like this.
  2. Shred Astaire

Shred Astaire Senior Member

[​IMG]

Ed B likes this.
  3. Alligatorbling

Alligatorbling ★AstroCat★ Premium Member MLP Vendor V.I.P. Member

ive heard it helps to beak an aspirin in half and rub it on the sting. might be too late for that now but worth a try.

4. dave b

dave b Senior Member

Of course I have a bad reaction to bee stings. Duh....they f##king hurt.

5. HearHear

HearHear Senior Member

Isn’t it an amazing feat of nature that an insect, smaller than your thumb, can make you feel like you were just attcked with a jackhammer dipped in acid and could possibly kill you to boot?

A friend got stung couple years ago, he swelled up so bad, then he couldn’t breathe and had to be taken to the hospital. Didn’t have his epi pen on him, that’s why. Just one sting, all it took. Thankfully it didn’t take long to get him under control.

6. Cozmik Cowboy

Cozmik Cowboy Senior Member

If you'll check my avatar, you'll see the pen is my 2nd favorite Epi!

Just imagine if they were Gibby-pens..............

BrianB and lemmy loud like this.
  7. CRobbins

CRobbins Premium Member

Yes, I am allergic to bee stings. Swelling, and tightness in my chest. I have an epi pen...

8. Fracture

Fracture Senior Member

I have an EpiPen.

My friend gave it to me as he was dying. It seemed very important to him that I have it.

9. NotScott

NotScott Premium Member

I was stung twice as a teen, once on a finger and once on a foot. The finger swelled up and looked like a sausage. My foot looked like it belonged on a Hobbit. Since then, I have learned to respect and avoid the little buggers.

10. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

[​IMG]

BrianB and Scooter2112 like this.
  11. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

I got attacked by a bunch of ground burrowing bee's (small suckers) while mowing the lawn twice this past summer. The first time it must have been 9 or 10 stings at least. Ran into the house hotly followed by the bee's and ran into the bathroom into the shower into the cold water, those suckers followed me into the bathroom. The second time it was way early and I was trying to beat them up that morning, didn't work, stung again. Next up Bee sting PTSD, you just feel something on your leg and it must be a bee. I

I got em, this is my house biotches! I had to kilt em, Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.

PS, I had a friend in college that was so allergic to bee stings he had to have that emergency kit with him or he'd die if stung. First day of college and he gets bit by a fly on his forehead, and his forehead blows up till he looked exactly like Frankenstein, believe it. Poor guy, imagine that being your first impression. He hid out as long as he could but even days later it was still slowly going away but still there.

12. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

Isn't that the band Stryper from the 80's? If I'm not mistaken the picture is from their their short shorts glam period.

13. JCM900MkIII

JCM900MkIII Senior Member

If every sting gives a worse reaction, you might want to think about getting an epiphone....epi pen.
    Consult a doctor.

My GF carries one.
    The first time she had a reaction I had to rush her to the hospital (since she was still playin a fender....didn't have an epi pen)
    She looked like the michelin girl....

14. scott1970

scott1970 Senior Member

Last two times I've been hit hurt for probably three days. It was yellow jackets both times. Last one was on my lip.

15. fett

fett Premium Member

This was years ago. I was riding shotgun in a truck. The windows were down. The driver got stung by a bee. He was allergic big time. Thank whomever, he told me what to do. He had the fix in the glove box.

16. NoRythm_LP

NoRythm_LP Premium Member

I'm dead in about 20 minutes without help from some wasps / bees saying hello to me... My wife knows this so should there be some cool guitars up for sale at a respectable fire sale price then just recognize that I made her mad for the last time and she's selling my guitars for good reason!!! :)

17. NoRythm_LP

NoRythm_LP Premium Member

In all seriousness, everyone should at least have some Benedryl tabs nearby as a minimum response...

18. Gmal

Gmal Senior Member

Same story with my wife, Joey. A couple of years ago she got stung in the hand. It swelled up really bad, but that was all. A week or so later she got stung again. This time she went down. I had to call the paramedics. She's had an epipen ever since. Please, go see a doctor.

19. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Member

Stung on your palm? What'd you do slap its ass?

20. Donal

Donal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Premium Member

I have been experiencing the exact same over the last few years, when I was a kid or in young years, the reaction was gone within a few hours or max next day, where as now a days it takes days. Funnily I have noticed the same with bees, wasps, mosquitos etc.

I am not sure if it is because of my age or if these creatures are becomming more deadly.