Axe FX Footcontroller

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by kfowler8, Dec 25, 2017.

1. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

Merry Christmas gents.

What your thoughts on the Axe FX MFC-101 controller? Is it a nice to have or must have to fully unlock the Axe FX? Obviously it's a hefty chunk of change to drop.

I've got an old Art X-11 midi controller that I've been using on my other midi rigs. Simple and works well enough. The biggest thing it lacks is any type of tap temp. That's one think I'll want to do with the Axe FX.

Thanks,

2. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby Senior Member

I have it. It didn't change my life, but it is nice to just step on the button to get the tuner.

I'd definitely want it if I played out anywhere. Otherwise, you could probably get along with a regular midi controller, although I'm not sure which ones work with the Axe, as I haven't done any research on them.

3. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

Thanks. It should work with any midi controller since it’s midi capable and has the midi jacks. I guess it’s just limited by the options on the controller.

It would be nice if they made a smaller board. All I need when I play out are 5 presets, tuner, and tap tempo.

4. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

I agree, I was hoping they would eventually come out with a smaller board with built in EV1 expression pedal. Almost like the line 6 boards they sold for the POD line.
    I really wish the Line 6 board was midi so I could just pick one of those up and use it. But from everything I have read there is no way to make them work with the Axe.

kfowler8 likes this.
  5. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

The Axe does have a Cat5 connection. Is it not compatible with the Line 6 boards? I think I still have the one with the volume and expression pedal.

6. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

I was told by numerous people over at the fractal forum that it's been tried and just doesn't work.

kfowler8 likes this.