April Backing Track of the Month

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons' started by kfowler8, Mar 26, 2013.

1. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

That's why I do it as well. Maybe it's just because we're both lefties. :hmm:

1 person likes this.
  2. GBLEV

GBLEV Senior Member

A good way to record tracks, is to do a few takes (one pass through on each take) and if you don't feel you got it the way you want, maybe on one you messed up here on one and on the other you messed up somewhere else, what you want to do is comp the best take. What I mean by that is take the part you messed up on from the other take and edit it in. Editing audio in a DAW is no different than editing a text in Word (or this blog as a matter of fact), all you do is cut and paste. Keep in mind though, the more edits you make, the more audio files you create and that can eat up memory and cause lag, and limit some of the choices you have as far as processing goes. It really depends on your computer system. If your not comfortable with doing it one take, then do it in sections, but record each section a few times to get the best take possible, and then comp those sections if you need to. Also a reminder, if you make an edit on a track you need to crossfade each side of the edit, or you will get clicks and pops.

When I recorded mine, I did a couple of takes and comped the outtro solo part because I played it a couple of different ways. I liked the first take for the main part and breakdown, and the second take I like it's outtro part better. So I comped the two and came up with my final take. This is the approach that is mainly used in studio's today.

But the truth be told, there is no right or wrong approach, and if it sounds good, then it's good!

3. Sin Nombre

Sin Nombre Senior Member

You guys are great motivators. :thumb:
    I figured out two ways to do edits in GB and got it uploaded to SC and here before the end of April. :laugh2:

I used a Tele and Epi Valve Jr. w/12" cab, EV dynamic mic.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/sin-nombre-2/mlp-jam-track-cm-april[/SC]

5 people like this.
  4. SteveC

SteveC Village Elder V.I.P. Member

Tele... eh? Careful :)

Something about this track just begged for a Tele. I liked your tone. Good playing and nice job with the recording!

5. James_lynn

James_lynn Member

I really like the vibrato!sounds true and it fits your rock style of playing

6. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

Yeah great tone. Very nice.

7. Sin Nombre

Sin Nombre Senior Member

I need some help with Sound Cloud. Another MLPer decided to "follow" me and when I "followed him back" all of his songs came on to my page and I cannot figure out how to remove them. I aleady logged out and back in.
    Is there a way?

8. Sct13

Sct13 Premium Member

That don't sound right.

Delete?

Is it Your main page, the one with the stats?

1 person likes this.
  9. Sin Nombre

Sin Nombre Senior Member

It's the one that shows up when I log on, but I have to click on "stats" to get them. Mine is at the top but a dozen of his are below. And my song does not show up on his page.

I can find no way to delete them, there is no trashcan under them like there is under my song.

10. SteveC

Mute or Unfollow him. That should do it. It may take 1-3 days for it to update.

1 person likes this.
  11. Sct13

Sct13 Premium Member

Follow mine and I'll follow yours.....er.....that doesn't sound right :wow:

You should only get an icon with the other "follower"

Click on mine.....and I will look at it, I have a bunch of "fans"

There has also been some questionable activity on soundcluod, I started getting invites to adult "dating" (xxx) sites. It's staring to piss me off.... WTF

I think it's the song titled "Thrust" ....I should title one "Fvk me" or some other vile title and see what happens......:D

1 person likes this.
  12. Sin Nombre

Sin Nombre Senior Member

I clicked on your "follow" and now all of your songs have appeared above his. :laugh2:

There is nothing fishy about Thermionik, I've known him for years. It must be something I'm doing wrong as I have not figured out the "sharing/following" aspects of SC. Can you see my page?

1 person likes this.
  13. Sin Nombre

Sin Nombre Senior Member

I'll try muting him, I was hoping to not have to cut all connections to him.

14. Sct13

Sct13 Premium Member

It must be a setting as you say because I answered your "follow" and mine looks as it always did......:cool:

Go back and read the manual.....:hmm:

15. Sin Nombre

Sin Nombre Senior Member

I think I may be figuring it out. The page that opens when I log in shows all the other songs. If I go to "my profile" or "public profile" in setings it just shows mine. When I then log in and log out it still shows all the other songs. I mainly didn't want dozens of other's songs appearing on my public page and it appears they don't. Thanks for the help.

1 person likes this.
  16. Sct13

Sct13 Premium Member

:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  17. SteveC

I saw that, too. And, user####### is following me; the avatar is a topless girl...? Is this normal behavior on that site? I'm pretty new there.

18. lespaul01

lespaul01 Banned

when ya putting Aprils up?

19. Sct13

Sct13 Premium Member

I sent them an email, they have stopped for now and the 3 or 4 that invaded me are now gone.

No it is not normal, its the first I have seen in a year and a half. :naughty:

20. Sct13

Sct13 Premium Member

you do mean May...right.....:shock:

1 person likes this.