Anyone want to do Nursing Home gigs in North Jersey?

Discussion in 'MLP Meets' started by Leumas, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Leumas

Leumas Senior Member

Hey guys, I figured I'd put this out there. My day job is an activities director at a nursing home. I hire 10-15 acts per month for 1 hour performances for our residents. It's not big money, but if anybody does that sort of thing I'm more than happy at giving any MLP members a slot in the rotation.

We're a small facility...~30 residents in Columbia, NJ. If you're interested at all please PM me and we can discuss further. I take all kinds of entertainment. Guitar, piano, jugglers...we'll try anything once.

2. mikenewlandmusic

mikenewlandmusic Junior Member

count me in

3. damndirtyape71

damndirtyape71 Senior Member

I actually have a duo, we play guitars mostly jazz improv and stuff.. I don't know if it's something for a nursing home, but it's actually pretty tame...

4. Leumas

Leumas Senior Member

Cool stuff DDA. If you and your bud have about an hour's worth of material, or can improv without twiddling your thumbs (which I'm sure you can, just a disclaimer!) please feel free to get ahold of me. I'm booking anywhere from now to the end of the year. Like I said, it's not much money, but a bit of pocket cash and if you're close enough by it could be fun.