Anyone tried or own an EPI Les Paul Jr?

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by 44frat, Oct 13, 2007.

1. 44frat

44frat Junior Member

Anyone tried or own an EPI Les Paul Jr?

Is it made similar to the Gibson LP Jr with the same pickup (P90)?

2. overdriver

overdriver Banned

The(epi) JR. reissue one of late, have a p-100, years ago ,forget when ,Epi had one with a P-90 ,they are pretty nice little guitars & a person can always put a p-90 in one. The P-100 sounds good though. The reg les (epi ) jr. that they often sell in a pack is not as nice with a Humbucker. The one that had the p-100 was called the 57 jr. I think and was a limited edition , if memory serves me.

3. guitarguru

guitarguru Senior Member

yeh your'e right they are currently selling one of those on musicians friend.com

4. overdriver

overdriver Banned

I read a review of the Gibson jr. RI current one that is and the owner said it was made up out of 11 pieces WoW a person should be as well off spending only a couple of hun on the Epi 57 jr. .........I thought MF cleared all stock of them out last few months ago at 199. guess not!

5. im_b0r3d_

im_b0r3d_ V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

I had one for my second guitar, can't remember anything about it though, sorry..:wtf:

6. Southbay Ampworks

Southbay Ampworks Senior Member

I've got an Epi LP Jr, the 57 LE model. Two tone tobacco burst (black/dark brown to yellow) finish.

I bought it from a TGP member for $140 shipped, which included the headstock being modified to look like a Gibson, Gibson Deluxe tuners, and a gig bag.

I've swapped the pots for 500K CTS, put in an old Sprague Black Beauty .033 cap, and I'm about to install a prototype P-90 pickup from WCR in the guitar to see how that sounds.

The guitar is a one-piece body, which was nice. I'm surprised to hear the Gibson had 11 pieces to it...that's kind of excessive. Were the glue lines that easy to see?

7. overdriver

overdriver Banned

don't know if the joins where easy to see I think the review was on MF. I do not remember the entire review was some time ago, maybe the guy did not know what he was talking about! I can not see the Epi being a one piece, probably veneered top and back , at the same time not 11 pieces either.

8. Southbay Ampworks

Southbay Ampworks Senior Member

Already been inside the Epi, and no veneer. I do think it might be made of alder instead of mahogany, though. It's a whatever to me. For $140 shipped you can't really start nitpicking it too much. You get what you pay for, usually. I wanted a P90 guitar, I got one. I'll post pics when I get time to install the P90 WCR prototype...

9. overdriver

overdriver Banned

right on great I feel the same way about the whatever, hey if a guitar works for me it does not matter . Hope your WCR works out for ya.:fingersx:

10. 44frat

44frat Junior Member

Look foward to the pics.

11. overdriver

overdriver Banned

Funny thing, 10 or so posts down on this page, is a post about the 57 jr, forgot about that post, some pics there .

12. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

13. 44frat

44frat Junior Member

14. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member