Anyone purchased from mercari in Japan

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by Jock, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Jock

Jock Senior Member

I thought I had found a good buy https://item.mercari.com/jp/m956881772/ so I asked "From Japan" to purchase for me. They responded saying "The store/seller does not meet our supplier requirements" now when I look on the site I see that it has sold. Am I being paranoid or can someone tell me that I have just been unlucky. When I filled in the form on the "From Japan" site it accepted the url so I thought that it was good to go.

2. Bobby Mahogany

Bobby Mahogany Senior Member

You were unlucky.
    You are now paranoid.
    :D

GammyBird and Roman4405 like this.
  3. brokentoeswalker

brokentoeswalker Senior Member

If your shipping agent has them blocked i'm guessing they already did you a favour.
    Course i tend to look at the bright side of things.

Do you know what Bacchus model that is for sure ?? Just curious is that a MIJ or elsewhere.

4. wulfman

wulfman ABB Fan Premium Member

Philippines model is my guess but probably a nice guitar with the African Mahogany body/neck.

brokentoeswalker likes this.
  5. Jock

Jock Senior Member

Correct wulfman, I thought it was a good price and worth the risk. Bacchus and Momose Vs are hard to come bye and I understand that Momose will not be building any more Vs until Oct. Always on the lookout for a bargain.

6. 4Aaron GE

4Aaron GE Member

Not a huge fan of Mecari, myself. It's basically Japanese Craigslist for those who aren't familiar. Problem is, anything good basically is gone incredibly quickly, so you've got to be constantly watching, or just get lucky. For those of you using a proxy, that puts you at quite a disadvantage.