Anybody buy from worldsguitar

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by maufic, Dec 19, 2014.

1. maufic

maufic Member

I was wondering if anyone has dealt with worldsguitar on ebay? He has a few guitars at a decent price. I did a google search and came up with nothing.

2. questionman

questionman Senior Member

I did an ebay search and came back with nothing...

3. krakatoa1313

krakatoa1313 Senior Member

4. Left Paw

Left Paw Senior Member

Said initially he would trade. Then, after I selected a guitar to buy (trade + cash), he said he doesn't do trades. I chose not to deal with him.

5. Lex

Lex Senior Member

A little late on this one, but...

If you are referring to the worldsguitar that krakatoa1313 linked to in his above post... I did not buy from him, but I had a very bad dealing with him where HE bought one of my guitars on eBay. He was using a different eBay ID/username. He tried to extort money from me in exchange for not leaving me with negative feedback after the transaction. At the same time as he is sending me messages trying to get me to pay him, I discover that the guitar has been listed for sale by 'worldsguitar' on eBay. In the worldsguitar listing it was described as "mint condition" "no issues". Anyway, I called him out and refused to pay him and he left me a negative.

I won't get into all of the details... just know that the guy is slimy.

I always shoot straight here on MLP and I would never mislead or bulls*& any of our forum members.

1 person likes this.
  6. Smedley Smorganoff

Smedley Smorganoff Senior Member

Slimy pretty much sums him up. I politely made him an offer on ebay and he decided to be a bitch to me and even went as far as telling me why his guitars are better than the same exact models at other retailers, flat out lies. Then I got sucked into his stupid argument. Before I knew it, he's threatening to tattle on me to ebay about harassment and threatening to sue me. Haha.

Also, he sucks at guitar.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HopMu3rb9pk

7. sir psycho

sir psycho Junior Member

I bought a '95 LP Standard Honeyburst off him a couple of years ago from his website, not ebay.

His listing said all original, excellent condition. He was right about the condition, it was near mint.

But the pickup covers were so perfect that I was suspicious, so I pulled the pickups and found them to be Seymour Duncan Slash pickups, not the original.

Now I realize that the Slash are a far better pickup than the original, but I called him out on it anyways. He told me that I should have to send him more money because the pickups were worth more ! I told him that he said it was all original and it wasn't.

We talked back and forth on the matter. He finally offered to credit me some money back and I felt that he was trying to remedy the situation and that he was being fair.

So in the end, he made it right with me.

Would I buy another guitar from him ? I'm not sure about that, my trust is a precious thing....

Just my two cents.

-Mark

8. Custom53

Custom53 Senior Member

After reading the posts here, not sure if I would deal with him. But his prices seem more than fair on his site..

9. MrGansburg

MrGansburg Senior Member

Well I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

Don't know about US consumer law but his user agreement (All Sales are binding, placing deposits means you have to pay the balance at the agreed upon due date, failure to pay the balance will result in the loss of the deposit, in case of guitar damage in transit we are not liable, such liability is solely the shipping company liability, at their own discretion they can refuse claims, we are not to be held accountable for any such issues, by purchasing from us you are agreeing to all these terms and our return policy terms) would get him picked up by Trading Standards in the UK straight away.

10. Smedley Smorganoff

Smedley Smorganoff Senior Member

His name is Danny Idani. He's in Harrisburg, PA. Just a heads up in case he sells through another name besides "worldsguitar".

11. questionposer

questionposer Stacie Klein Delray Beach Premium Member

1 person likes this.
  12. maufic

maufic Member

Thanks for all the feedback. I will definitely avoid this seller.

13. ASTlp

ASTlp Junior Member

I have and will post more soon.