Any of you had any luck with getting Guitar Pro 7 to start?

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons' started by 357mag, Sep 5, 2017.

1. 357mag

357mag Member

I have not. I'm using Windows 8.1 and while I can install it, I can't start it. Due to that very common missing .dll message.

And Arobas Support is horrible. I think they have about 4 support people to serve 300 million people in the U.S.

I'd like to monkey with the interface but I can't start it. I've tried uninstalling the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable and reinstalling it but one bad message just leads to another.

2. 357mag

357mag Member

Guess I will just continue to use version 6.0. That's okay. It works good.

On a different note though, I still have not dug up any info on this new Ozzy and Randy recording that is on the Legacy edition on Diary of a Madman. I find this really strange that I can't find any information on the internet about it. No one even talks about it. Very strange.

3. saks

saks Premium Member

I had to uninstall, turn off virus and firewall, re-download, re-install and then set it to run as administrator.

I'm not sure it's any better than GP6 for my uses.
    There is no direct integration to mySongBook, GP6 tools are about the same at my level ( which is low ).
    GP7 moved all the buttons around which gets a little frustrating. I use it but only to play what I create in GP6.

The only good thing about GP7 with my use case is the metronome can be variable. You can set it to speed up every loop so it's a good for warmup/skill building.

jeff_farkas likes this.