Any love for the Hagstrom guitars ?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by switchback, Jun 7, 2012.

1. The Archer

The Archer Senior Member

I am not struggling to make anything, you appear to have forgotten to take your meds or can't read...or both. I never said I didnt like them....quite the opposite in fact. Regardless your continued strawman arguments demonstrates that you can't be engaged in an honest conversation...you come at the person in opposition to you with nonsense or by riffing off distortions of what the person said....or coming up with things the person didnt say. That is intellectually dishonest...YOU are intellectually dishonest in this exchange. In other aspects of life you are probably fine but on this subject you simply cannot be trusted. I see no reason to engage a person that cant be honest.

I dont care where the guitars or pickups are made...i have chinese made hagstroms (as I have already stated) and I love the things (as I have already stated). My favourite acoustic right now is a 300 dollar hagstrom, it is made in China. I love the way it sounds and feels, but there are some issues that I had to fix: mediocre fret dressing, cheap nut, saddle and pins.

Just because you can roll off some users means nothing. Especially since the old Hagstrom company is not the same company we have today. The company went under and the name was purchased and the brand was resurrected. Same can be said for the new Kramer or Schecter companies...a business goes under and later an unrelated group buys the name and brings the name back. This means that you mentioning Zappa's use (I assume you meant Frank) of Hagstrom has nothing to do with anything we are discussing. Dweezil's use of Hagstrom is relevant...and is a testament to how nice these guitars are. One thing though; Dweezil replaces the pickups with Seth Lovers.

1 person likes this.
  2. The Archer

The Archer Senior Member

Read the guy's retorts to my posts, he distorts everything and tosses out things to argue that I didnt say. He is too emotionally invested....no objectivity in anything he says.

3. The Archer

The Archer Senior Member

Gibson, PRS etc are also imports in my country. I dont care where something is made as long as it does its job.

4. djrussell

djrussell Senior Member

Yeah alright im done talking to you especially if you're going to resort to petty insults.

5. The Archer

The Archer Senior Member

Those werent petty insults, they are valid observations about your character in this exchange. If you dont like that I brought up that you are using dishonest tactics to further this discussion by arguing points i didnt make that is just too bad for you. If you dont like that I dont appreciate you insinuating that I dont drop to my knees about Hagstrom because of where they are made...that you essentially called me a racist then tough shit for you.

You lost the high ground a long time ago (if you ever had it) so dont pretend to be sitting there now that I have busted you for your sleazy tactics.

You should move on but DO play your Hagstroms cause they are great guitars

1 person likes this.
  6. djrussell

djrussell Senior Member

:facepalm:

Anyway, now that Archer has finished his little rants I think its safe to move on (I think?). How are you finding the Deuce mouatt29?

7. Zack

Zack Senior Member

*sigh*

1 person likes this.
  8. djrussell

djrussell Senior Member

What do you guys think of the Metropolis?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New for 2013... its good to see some more models coming out that are a little different to the usual range. Almost like a Hagstrom version of a Melody Maker though.

9. The Archer

The Archer Senior Member

They had the metropolis at the Frankfurt Messe.

Excellent guitar, the single coil version will find a home with slide players all over the world.

10. kboman

kboman Senior Member

The black one looks pretty good but the whole Jr/Special/Melody maker vibe never appealed to me as a player.

11. djrussell

djrussell Senior Member

Cant seem to find a whole lot of info on them. And only one on ebay... $370.

12. Kungphugrip

Kungphugrip Senior Member

here is a demo
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN80I0F7pwI]Musikmesse '13 - Hagstrom Metropolis-S, Metropolis-C, and Viking P - YouTube[/ame]

13. djrussell

djrussell Senior Member

Yeah thats the only demo I could find. Sounds good I think... but it just doesnt seem to be very popular.

14. mouatt29

mouatt29 Senior Member

I tried to get on with it but there were like 3 dead spots on the neck, so I've returned it.
    I've got a feeling I'm gonna miss that neck!

15. djrussell

djrussell Senior Member

Anyone know what Hagstrom are doing at NAMM? Cant find any new videos. They looked like they teased a new guitar on their website but havent heard a thing so far.

16. paul1houston

paul1houston Senior Member

i had a 72 swede. damn nice guitar. great tone. but finding replacement parts good luck. i ordered nos pick guard pick up surrounds tuner cover through swedish hagstrom $300. but i only paid $300 for the guitar so it was well worth it. sold it for $950 should have just kept it.

17. djrussell

djrussell Senior Member

Ordered myself a Deuce today in Desert Haze for around the $500 mark posted to Oz. I think I got a good deal...

[​IMG]

Cant wait to give her a shot. Still loving all my Hagstrom guitars so I hope this one is good too.

1 person likes this.
  18. DrumBob

DrumBob Member

Pro line Gretsch guitars are made in Japan, matey, in the world famous Terada factory.

I have tried a few new Hagstroms and found all the necks to be like pencils; way too thin for me. They're undeniably well built and attractive guitars, but the thin necks ruin any chances of me buying one.

19. RaSTuS26

RaSTuS26 Senior Member

Brilliant price for something shipped here, hope you don't have to wait too long for your new beauty.

1 person likes this.
  20. kboman

kboman Senior Member

My Swede has proven an excellent modding platform. It's currently on its fourth set of pickups, all the electronics (except the switches) have been replaced at least once and rewired at least twice; I have also given it a Bigsby B3 that immediately worked perfectly. I have yet to find an electric guitar, at any price or vintage, that I like more.