Any Ibanez love here?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by tennisplayer, Dec 5, 2009.

1. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

No review from me! (Whew!) I'm sure that I would have sounded like a real douche at 17 y/o writing a review on that thing... I knew next to nothing about guitars at that point in time... and just a bit more than that now! :D

Anyways, cool guitars. I had a 3 lipstick pup model as well. An old girlfriend has had that thing since about 1999 or so. :( I hope it and her get in a bus wreck. :shock: (just kidding)

2. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

:laugh2: Thanks buddy! I'll PM you the same link that I PM'ed Junkie. There is a rare one out there that you may be interested in!

3. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Senior Member

Whoa. I can see myself standing behind that, for sure. Thanks.

- D

4. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

I hope you get it. :thumb: I'd be all over it if the holidays weren't coming up. One Iceman is enough for this month. :D

I've already talked to a man about some 20k pups for my Iceman. :shock: Zebras, methinks.

5. John the Revelator

John the Revelator Senior Member

I owned a purple flake RG 570 in the '90ies. Sold 'cause I didn't like the look or feel.

BUT - now I saw Paul Gilberts' "Fireman", damn what a beautiful guitar!

[​IMG]

6. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

Isn't that thing sweet!? They are so expensive, though... $5-6k. I'm thinking about having something "similar" built by a luthier eventually. Not a blatant ripoff, but I really like the reverse Iceman design.

7. hobbyman

hobbyman Senior Member

I thought the first review (most recent) might have been you. Short and sweet and to the point, and he mentioned getting it in '98. Plus his name was similar to your screen name. Oh, and if that ex does get into a bus wreck, I hope she leaves the guitar at home that day! Those are too nice to go out that way!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

8. Electric_Sunshine

Electric_Sunshine Senior Member

No... their Ibanez....

9. reez_rock

reez_rock Junior Member

I'm a les paul user....but i have this as an appreciation to my hero....blocked the trem and changed the pup to x2n

[​IMG]

10. tonyg73

tonyg73 Senior Member

I adored Ibanez when they sold Japanese made guitars at reasonable prices...particularly the S-Classic series. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore...all of the MIJ stuff is very pricey IMO. Here's me warming up before a gig with my SC420 that I installed Dimarzio D-Activators in:
    [​IMG]

Here's a foggy pic of me with my SCA220 with an EMG 89 in the bridge and an EMG 60A in the neck.
    [​IMG]

Both guitars are killer and both MIJ. I would venture to say the SC420 is a higher quality guitar in a few regards but I love both. I paid 400 USD for the SCA220 NEW and 400 for the SC420 used but in great condition. Upgrades include replacing the stock Gotohs (great tuners) with drop-in replacement Gotoh Magnum locks, pickups, and Schaller strap locks.

11. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

Please, don't start that here.

12. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

Good point.

That guitar was actually oned by a guy in a band called The Pawn Rook Four - "our song" was written by that band (who was a college band on the other side of the country) - and when they mentioned that they were selling it on their band page, I immediately bought it and gave it to her to learn to play on.

I was such a dumbass back then. :laugh2:

13. weirdotis

weirdotis Senior Member

I like the JEM. Thats it. :laugh2:

14. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

Nothing but the tackiest Ibanez will do, eh? :naughty:

So... the JEM but not the RG? Is it the "monkey grip" handle that turns your crank? Or the vine inlays? :shock:

15. hobbyman

hobbyman Senior Member

That's a sweet story, but, yeah, us guys do stupid sh!t to try to please women!:laugh2:

16. helltone

helltone Senior Member

I like them.:thumb:
    JEM77BFP
    [​IMG]
    UV777
    [​IMG]
    RG350
    [​IMG]

17. G Man

G Man Senior Member

Well, I haven't had a chance to take pics of her yet, but I recently picked up a AS-80 Artrstar semi-hollow 335 style guitar that kicks major ass. It has the Super 58 pickups, same as those used by Pat Metheny, George Benson and John Scoefield and they sound fantastic. Very nice build quality as well. I would take one of these over almost any of the Epi DOT type guitars out there.

18. rik5117

rik5117 Member

2002 S370DX Grey Meteor Metallic, but in the picture looks kind of green. Really like the wizard II neck.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. SGMM

SGMM Senior Member

LOVE floral Jems....except for the damn necks....WAY too thin....like playing a fretboard with no neck at all!!

20. Gibson_Ed

Gibson_Ed Senior Member

I'm looking to buy an Iceman myself!

Ooh sexy vintage '75!

[​IMG]