another unexpected win for Kemper

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by paradice, Jun 28, 2017.

1. paradice

paradice Senior Member

Never even considered this when I bought the Kemper but it does Bass Guitar too!

I've never had a bass amp so nothing to compare to but it sounds pretty nice at night through headphones! Keeps the neighbours happy

cybermgk and DarrellV like this.
  2. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

For Bass you REALLY need FRFR output, well, at least the full range part. Guitar CAB aint going to hang.

paradice likes this.
  3. Liam

Liam V.I.P. Member

Without wishing to hijack, my Axe FX through a Matrix 1000 and Fearless 15" FRFR is the most shit-kicking bass amp I could ever have hoped to own. The SVT model is just perfect for me. If I ever pick up another bass playing gig I know I am more than completely sorted. Best result since buying a Hiwatt DR103 as a guitar amp and then getting a couple of years out of it on bass duty. The modelling rig sounds as good, and moves a bit more air.

Liam

paradice and frankv like this.
  4. paradice

paradice Senior Member

Do you mean the type of speaker to use or a setting on the machines output too?
    I'm headphone bound here pretty much
    My monitors (which I actually use for general music listening) go down to 43hz

The Axe sounds good on the vids I've seen with basses, different to Kemper, a bit brighter I think....but could just be the player/profile!

5. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I meant speaker type. Typical Guitar cab can't handle the low end that a bass and bass amp produces, and the violence the cone moves at. You can blow out a guitar cab. Headphones, and monitor you mention should be no problem.

paradice likes this.
  6. kboman

kboman Senior Member

Tony Levin has used a Kemper for his various basses and Sticks for several years now, so this is no surprise :)

7. Liam

Liam V.I.P. Member

The Axe is pretty good for being as bright or dark as you want - great tonal versatility.

What headphones are you using? I got a pair of ATH-M50X last year, and they are sublime for bass monitoring.

Liam

frankv likes this.
  8. paradice

paradice Senior Member

funny you should say I've just been trying out headphones, for the ATH M40x here just now, they're decent but dont think theyre as bassy as the 50x, easy to drive tho..

that's something else I use the Kemper for.....a headphone amp for my PC. Audio out from my dac/interface to the 'aux in' (alternative/direct input jacks) on the Kemper, drives headphones much better than my PC, or a fiio e10k amp I have too...

Liam likes this.