Another Slash Signature Model 58', Greenburst and a Slash Firebird 2017

Discussion in 'Historics & Reissues' started by kelv_w, Aug 6, 2017.

1. lpthomas

lpthomas Senior Member

I think it‘s a fun project. How many guys here said they didn‘t want to see another dirty lemon CC… Now that is actually something else.

serch777 likes this.
  2. J-Dizzle

J-Dizzle Senior Member

I have to say, those Firebirds are sexy as ****

[​IMG]

Mitchey75 likes this.
  3. Prometheus

Prometheus Senior Member

I like LPs in odd colors, I mean c'mon, my latest LP is Midnight Manhattan! And I do love that green hue in Slash sig as well

That being said, do I love that so much so I would pay 4799 Euro for a plain top?

A snowflakes chance in Hell I would say

Besides, I dislike signature models to begin with

4. dwk302

dwk302 Senior Member

I’m surpised there’s not more interest on here for the 58. Would it be more interesting to if it was just pushed as the first burst 58? Idk. I think its very cool.

From what I understand the signed aged ones are all gone and the aged non-signed are almost gone. To me, the Slash 58 is probably the most interesting thing Gibson has done in a long long time. Aging work seems on a new level for the CS.

lpthomas likes this.
  5. Marshallow

Marshallow Senior Member

Wow, you have some good connections. They're all gone from all shops all over the world, never to be seen again?

6. lpthomas

lpthomas Senior Member

Sums it up for me too.

7. journeyman73

journeyman73 Senior Member

do you know of one?

let me guess, you are not interested so couldn't be bothered?

freebyrd 69 likes this.
  8. daikon

daikon Junior Member

I'm obviously behind the times on gossip, but I bought a Slash '58 and have been excited as hell. Now I'm reading all of this venom against Gibson, quality concerns, etc. Seriously- how much of this is real and is this guitar immune? Again, my ignorance but this should be as true to historic as possible, right?

9. daikon

daikon Junior Member

It is my understanding that all of the aged are gone...

10. journeyman73

journeyman73 Senior Member

i think there are real concerns about choices gibson is making, the prices they are charging, and (yes) issues with some of the quality that is coming out of the Custom Shop these days....

however, i would say as was always the case with Gibson, just assess/evaluate each guitar on its own merits. If it looks great, plays great, sounds great, and ticks enough boxes for you then it is a great guitar for you. Each individual has to decide what's important for them in a guitar - and only they can decide if all the boxes a specific guitar checks provides enough value to them to pay what is being asked.

same as it ever was (or should have been anywaY)

daikon likes this.
  11. Crotch

Crotch Members Only Premium Member

None of these or the 58 do anything for me personally.

I love Slash but the McCready and Knopfler brought more interest to me from an Artist Model perspective.

That 58 looks gross. Why we have affectionately called it the pee burst or std burst around these parts.

I certainly wouldn't turn it down but no interest in trying to grab one.

12. Prometheus

Prometheus Senior Member

Am I the only one who feels kinda icky with sig models to begin with? Esp with LPs
    I mean LP is Les Paul sig model as it is, it just feels weird with "double" sig model you know? Feels kinda disrespectful if you ask me

13. Cygnus X-1

Cygnus X-1 Senior Member

The shop by me was supposed to get a few of each. Said Gibson required them to buy a package of like 2 aged/signed, 2 aged and like 1 gloss. But then they reneged so bigger guys like Sweetwater could get more stock. Sounds like they're moving their inventory.

14. lpthomas

lpthomas Senior Member

These days, great stuff comes out of the Custom Shop. It sure is not cheap and there sure are some misses along the way. It also is not always easy to agree with all their moves. But I think a lot of the gossip is just that.

A lot of the bad comments are about prices and not about the guitars. And that‘s not very usefull in my opinion. PRS and Fender‘s Custom Shop is also not that much, if at all, cheaper.

15. lpthomas

lpthomas Senior Member

Please keep being excited and have a look at the guitar first. I think there are many happy owners of recent Gibson Custom guitars.

16. mfolet

mfolet Senior Member

Seen a bunch of the '58s today. They have a cool vibe to them and the tops don't have a hint of flame to them.

So if you are a plaintop guy these are pretty cool.

The COAs are signed on the aged and the VOS.

lpthomas and serch777 like this.
  17. Marshallow

Marshallow Senior Member

The Signed/Aged, and probably the Aged ones too, are smart purchases. Everything Slash or Page keeps or gain value. The VOS is a bit steep at 6k, they look good though. Can't have them all, I'm glad I have a signed Appetite and don't have to torture myself over this one.
    If Slash would make a video of the original vs the reissue it would surely be a nice plus for the buyers and resale prices.

18. Mitchey75

Mitchey75 Senior Member

I really like the grey FB, some nicely aged PU covers would be a bit better on it IMO...

19. lpthomas

lpthomas Senior Member

20. Andy California

Andy California Senior Member

So how many pieces was the top of the very first sunburst made of? More or less than two? Or was it 2-piece but off-centre-seamed?