Another Slash Signature Model 58', Greenburst and a Slash Firebird 2017

Discussion in 'Historics & Reissues' started by kelv_w, Aug 6, 2017.

1. djem

djem Senior Member

For sure.

I still remember the mid-late 80s swimming in a sea of Strats and 'pointies' with very few LPs visible.

Along comes Slash and the LP was brought back into mainstream.

It was a very good thing and I think he alone had the largest influence on historics, replicas, etc.

framos and Who like this.
  2. Marker

Marker Member

Prices and specs for the Slash Les Paul Anaconda are up on the Thomann website (big European online musicstore):

- Plain Top : 4799 Euro
    https://m.thomann.de/pt/gibson_lp_slash_anaconda_plain_top_3.htm?o=37&search=1502926550

- Flame Top signed : 7999 Euro
    https://m.thomann.de/pt/gibson_lp_slash_anaconda_flame_top.htm?o=35&search=1502926550

The neck thickness at 1st and 12th frets are equivalent to modern 50s necks on Traditionals although it has the "Slash" custom tapper profile ; I thought his Les Pauls had slimmer necks.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  3. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

And the only Gibson he was actually playing back then was a factory 2nd HC burst standard ('87, I think), his number one was, of course, a copy of a Gibson.

Who likes this.
  4. djw171

djw171 Senior Member

The Rosso Corsa does have a thinner neck, from what I gather it is basically the same guitar as the USA AFD only different colour. I was initially thinking the Anaconda would be likewise the same, but obviously not looking at the Thomann spec. Those prices though are insane.

Based on the recent story of Slash becoming Gibson first global brand ambassador, Looks like there could be a USA version of this as well, which would hopefully be a better price. Apparently developing new models with Custom shop, Gibson USA and Epiphone.

5. lpthomas

lpthomas Member

Why are these prices insane? I really don't get it. What would be a reasonable price then?

6. Who

Who are you? Who who who who.... Premium Member

Gibson has a history here, so what's the problem?

Les Paul originally played an Epiphone, when he got the sponsorship deal from Gibson. He continued to play the Epiphone.

Gibson execs convinced him to at least cover the Epi logo with a Gibson logo, until they could get him a guitar he liked enough to put away the Epiphone.

smk506 and Tone deaf like this.
  7. djw171

djw171 Senior Member

Andertons UK just posted these. 6799 Pounds for the flame top.

No that's not insane at all! :slash:

8. kelv_w

kelv_w Senior Member

Yup was on Andertons.

Looks like the Flameburst signed is sold now. I remember seeing it at £6799?
    https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/LP59T...lash-anaconda-burst-les-paul-flame-top-signed

Anaconda Plain top signed at £5399
    https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/LP58S...lash-anaconda-burst-les-paul-plain-top-signed

Anaconda Plain top at £4099
    https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/LP58S...ibson-slash-anaconda-burst-les-paul-plain-top

That's one expensive signature at an extra £1300

I'm curious to see how much the aged and signed '58 is now. I wanted to put one down but seeing the price of the Anaconda, the '58 would be out of my league now.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  9. lpthomas

lpthomas Member

Nothing I am too surprised by, I have to say. I might be very wrong, but a plain top Slash model at under 5k euros seems kinda reasonable to me. Thomann sold 58 Standard Historics for around 3.600 euros. Sure, these flame tops are expensive, but they always have been, even with the Standard Historics. I believe, the one you mention here is also a signed model. Yes, it's all very expensive and I myself will not buy one. I just think it's far from insanity though.

10. irocdave12

irocdave12 Senior Member

Translation....we have a shit ton of green lacquer left over from not selling as many green ocean classics as we hoped and we just bought Slash so.... Instant green Slash model time

11. rich85

rich85 Senior Member

Fender - Artist models always available

Gibson - GUYS THIS IS THE NEW SLASH MODEL OMG LOOK (same guitar as the last 6 Slash models)

Droog likes this.
  12. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

I don't have a problem, I like both Slash and Gibson. I was just pointing out what I believe to be an interesting factoid.

Who likes this.
  13. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

The green guitar I remember seeing him play is a Guild.

Who likes this.
  14. djw171

djw171 Senior Member

I guess we have different ideas of reasonable prices and insane prices.

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Elec...h-Anaconda-Burst-Les-Paul.aspx#LP58SLVOANCNH1

Those prices in Canadian $, including tax work out to $11,400 for the flame and even the plain top unsigned is $7140 CN. or pay an extra $2k for his signature plain top!

So what would be insane??

Glad I have my Rosso Corsa !

15. tourettes2400

tourettes2400 Member

16. Bigcat2017

Bigcat2017 Junior Member

17. MarcBolas

MarcBolas Junior Member

jamman likes this.
  18. lpthomas

lpthomas Member

Yeah, that does indeed sound rather insane. I agree! But $7.140CN still equates to under €5.000, so I take it that the Canadian market might just be cheaper over all. In European stores, the new models do not really look overpriced for what they are. Slash Plain Top is roughly the cost of a former 59 Standard Historic here.

19. jlb32

jlb32 Senior Member

I hate to see what the heavily aged Slash '58 models will be going for if these are priced that high. Especially the signed versions. $12K-$15K is my guess.

IMO Gibson needs to branch out with more artists, instead of doing the same Slash models, just in different colors.

A James Hetfield Explorer would be killer IMO since I've always wanted to see something work out between them, unlike the Iron Cross debacle. Saw James using a Gibson Explorer live the other night and it sounded great. Just had a punch his ESP's didn't seem to have.

20. RAG7890

RAG7890 Premium Member

...........................they need to slash prices. :rofl: :rofl: ;)

:cheers2:

tourettes2400 likes this.