Another Joe B sig... Korina "Amos" Flying V

Discussion in 'Other Epiphones' started by thecasterkid, May 23, 2017.

1. Bud Stoner

Bud Stoner Senior Member

Ooooooohhhhhh, that's kinda..........:naughty::rock:

2. depuis1899

depuis1899 Senior Member

Has anyone got his already ? I'm really really tempted in ordering one, not because I'm a fan of Joe ( I am ), but because I love the look of korina wood. This blackwood also sounds like a very good replacement for rosewood, just like Fender used pao ferro some time ago. I have 2 sets of pickups I can put on anyways if I don't feel comfortable with what the pickups give me.

3. tolm

tolm Bigsby Junkie

Got the Treasure Firebird I for my 40th last year: best neck profile of any Firebird I’ve owned (2 Gibson USA and 1 Custom Shop non-reverse) and the pickup - Epiphone-made and all - is superb.

Never been a huge fan of Flying Vs but, if I were to get one, that amber Korina with black guard would be the look I’d go for. Sounds ace on the video with Mr B himself but he could probably make a rubber band sound good. :)

4. charlie chitlins

charlie chitlins Senior Member

I'm not sure what blackwood is, but I just got a '16 Korina V, and the fretboard is amazing. Super slick and deep black. And when I tried to roll the edges to make it feel a little worn in (I always use the shaft of a phillips screwdriver) the wood didn't budge. It is HARD.
    The pic is misleading because it's in bright sunlight and is reflecting light. The bit in the pic of the pickup cavity is more accurate.
    003.JPG 006.JPG

5. viper007

viper007 Senior Member

Yes i've got mine and love it! The neck is great and the pickups are perfect.
    171231.jpeg

6. depuis1899

depuis1899 Senior Member

BEAUTIFUL ! How thick is the neck ? From the description it says 58 C profile, but is it really different than a regular V neck ? I can't stand V necks, and I ordered mine last week, can't wait for it to arrive