another ebay douchebag

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by singlecut, Sep 4, 2009.

1. goby

goby Senior Member

Well, the legal advice was spot on.

BTW, where the hell is your amazing avatar? It was my favorite. Can you email it to me? I was going to steal it and use it on another forum, and then you changed it. Unless of course, you threaten to sue me and kick my ass if I use it. :slash: :noway:

2. skydog

skydog Senior Member

Is it reading that you have trouble with, or comprehension/retention?

Singlecut,
    You probably have recieved an email from Ebay AND "Hardrockindaddy",about this transaction...I had my "On Retainer" Attorney send him an email, and he has agreed to sell this guitar @ the bid price...so, now you should be ready to pony up the $$....I hope you enjoy this axe, Bro. as it really looks as if it has "The JuJu"...
    Peace, Chuck

And for your information, the guitar in question sold in Britain. Check my feedback. You are going to be contacted by Ebay, and if I can press charges against you for slander I will.

Good luck with that peach... I've been down that road before and you won't get anywhere trying to sue for slander or libel over something written in a message forum.

Can I press charges for stupidity?

Thanks to your big mouth you slandered me, and you better take it back immediately.

Sue me peach.

Peaches….you cant sue someone for slander since last I checked, the internet is not verbal communication. I think the term you are looking for is libel, or possibly..and this is REALLY stretching it, defamation. The reason why all the above are stretches is because unless you are running a true business or your real name happens to be Peach64, you are entitled to jack sh*t since in no way does this harm your actual name, business or reputation.
    Furthermore, YOU would have to prove that you suffered losses relating to the perceived ‘wrong’ and with your documented record of ‘strange’ dealings, good luck with that. People on an internet forum talking ‘bad’ about your ebay or MLP user name does not give you any sort of recourse for your perceived damages. Especially since litigation would cost you WAY more than any losses you might incur..
    On a side note, I find it hilarious that you are making threats against people (communication of a threat anyone?) yet you cry out slander (which you can’t even get the correct term right) over nothing at the same time.

If you don't take it back, I will press charges for slander, and sue you for $2.8 Million.

I agree with peaches.... you are in "deep shit." You clearly don't understand the implication of you, and this entire thread, being reported to eBay.

Internet posting, despite being written words, is regarded as slander by the courts. Slander and libel are forms of defamation.

Internet posting, despite being written words, is regarded as slander by most (not all) courts. Slander and libel are forms of defamation. Peaches threatened to "press charges". That's something I'd like to see. Where is that in the criminal code?

Many countries have criminal slander charges. That's how they keep their third world banana republics in power.I'm sure a few states still have criminal slander laws. Utah still has a criminal slander code. Utah's current criminal libel law provides for a class B misdemeanor if convicted -- up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine. I just hope that peach doesn't live in Utah. I would hate to go to jail over this thread.

True...a few courts have upheld slander cases from internet postings but they all have one common thread...the business owner was able to prove damages and it was from a direct result of the internet postings. Since peaches is not a known business owner (or at least his businesses name is not known) and that’s not his real name…this would not hold up.

That’s what I found hilarious by his posting. He whines about libel/slander but then sends out threats...which is a chargeable offense. communicating a threat by electronic means anyone?

Don't forget.... it was a threat against a man in a wheelchair.... who has said he is in a wheelchair... and has a wheelchair in his avatar.

It's only libel or slander if the accusation is not true. Since peaches IS a douchebag, case dismissed. Next case...

3. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

well if someone has substantial and practical knowledge of such information, then does it really matter? Then again, I’m not a lawyer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night…

4. zplapplap

zplapplap Senior Member

Those are idle threats mixed with sarcasm and derision, not legal advice. A reasonable person would have to suspend disbelief to consider any of this junk to be legal advice. Don't worry about my reading comprehension, Mr. Wise-ass. Now go away. :laugh2:

5. skydog

skydog Senior Member

Mr. Wise-ass BAHAHAHAHAHA!

6. vkennedy

vkennedy Member

My considered legal opinion is that everyone should have a beer.

That'll be $500, please.

7. jimmyq

jimmyq Senior Member

:laugh2:

Finally. Something in this thread which makes sense.

8. L60N

L60N Senior Member

This forum is full of nutters!!

Love it

[​IMG]

9. Wickedlester

Wickedlester Senior Member

While going to therapy I did get knocked out of my wheelchair, kicked a couple times in the face and had my guitar stolen from me. That was lower.
    The only redeeming part of that episode was this gorgeous looking good samaritan came to my aid. She was very nurturing and was holding my head trying to comfort me. My head was nestled snuggly between her nice ample breasts.
    Things still work and move south of the border and were proving it that day. :dude: