Another Cool Wife Thread

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by wildhawk1, Feb 19, 2018.

1. wildhawk1

wildhawk1 Senior Member

No..... not another she bought me a Gibson story.

20180218_154242_LLS.jpg

Saw a guy at church today that's a player and heard through the grapevine is having some personal issues. Asked him if he wanted to come over and jam.

Rolls in and we proceed to rock Sunday afternoon away and talk gear.

The pic above is the aftermath after he left. Imagine it with another four guitars and amp he brought along. :eek:

I know she was really looking forward to quietly chillaxing after we got home but she went off to another room and did some reading during wall shaking Panama along with other tunes and LOTS of general noise as checked out each others guitars and amp.

He texted later and said "Thanks that meant a lot to me "

And my wife said, "You're a good guy."

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  2. Tubejockey

Tubejockey Member

That's even better than a "she bought me a Gibson" story. We all love our guitars, but people are way more important.

3. Thunder Dump

Thunder Dump Premium Member

If she made sandwiches or brought in snacks at any point it's waaaaay better than if she bought you a Gibson.

4. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

I wish my wife was that "wise" and gave enough respect to my "hobby" !

All I wish from mine is just to keep kids away from my gear while I am out... and till the moment she is not even doing that ! WTF !

5. VicodinDream

VicodinDream Senior Member

It's good you did that. Sometimes personal issues make it way too hard to pick the axe up. I know from recent experience. Thankfully I had 2 friends who kinda nudged me back to it.

6. wildhawk1

wildhawk1 Senior Member

Yep, many times over the years I've been reminded it's more than just music.

7. Dick Banks

Dick Banks Senior Member

Definitely a keeper...her, and you too! :cheers2:

8. Eddie 70

Eddie 70 Senior Member

Cool story. A little therapy for the both of you.

9. StubbyJ

StubbyJ Senior Member

The older I get the more I'm reminded that we all have super powers. In today's day in age most people are dealing with something and we can use the super power of what is described above or some other iteration to make someone's day. In regards to it being more than just music: I'm currently dealing with a bad case of hyperacusis, which doesn't show signs of letting up. In fact, this weekend marks the beginning of a huge gear sell-off as I doubt I will ever be able to play again. Anyway, the biggest thing I miss is hanging out with the guys. The relationships, talking about gear and thinking we are way cooler than we are for a few hrs. a week. The music is so secondary. Protect your ears guys.