Another “what’s it worth “ thread

Discussion in 'Norlin Years' started by timgman, Nov 20, 2017.

1. grumphh

grumphh Senior Member

What you really want to know about the neck is whether the truss rod works as it should - the glue is going to hold the wooden pieces together just fine, neck repairs are only a cosmetic concern, and serve to drive down the value of a guitar.
    I have three guitars with glued cracks in the neck/headstock area, and they haven't given me any problems whatsoever - but they were cheap ;)

The real question is whether a person who is so completely off the ball park pricewise is ever going to accept a realistic offer.

...and a realistic offer would have to be very low, because this is essentially a project guitar - or a "i don't give a flying f### about looks", punk rock guitar...

mudface likes this.
  2. Progrocker111

Progrocker111 Senior Member

This one is a serious wreck, i wouldnt pay even 500$ for it. :hmm:

3. JCarno

JCarno Senior Member

Tim, I actually played this guitar last year. I bought a Laney 412 Cab from a guy(college kid) and this is the guitar he let me use to try the cab out. I brought my Laney IRT 60H with me.
    I'm sure that the person selling it now is not the same person I dealt with because shortly after I bought the cab, the guitar was on CL for 900.00. I offered the kid 400.00 on the spot at the time I played it but he said no.
    The thing would not/ could not tune properly so it was hard to tell what it really sounded like :facepalm:
    Just a heads up for you.
    PS, I'm still rockin the Classic!!

4. brianbzed

brianbzed Senior Member

5. timgman

timgman Senior Member

Oh my that classic is a beautiful guitar. So nice.. I bought a r8 with the funds and later sold it and bought the clasic I play now..
    I'm glad you are still Rocking it man!
    As far as the 73, the guy is a really great dude to talk to and I hope we can make a fair deal but I haven't heard back since my last offer.

6. rednefceleb

rednefceleb Junior Member

Keep it to really hone in on your luthier work. The neck looks bad. When they snap @ the headstock they repair really well. Needs another neck, I think.