Angus Young's SGs

Discussion in 'Vintage SG' started by BleedingEdge, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Dolebludger

Dolebludger Premium Member

Yes, I have an Audio Technica wireless that has a volume control that will boost gain quite a bit.

2. David Mccarroll

David Mccarroll Senior Member

Sorry, no - absolute opposite as far as I know.

The original early Angus SG came into our repair shop often when they were just starting to break it in the USA - he came back from their first USA tour and the neck was cracked and held together with gaffer tape, and the lower bout through the control cavity had been cracked so badly that it was actually held on with gaffer tape!

My mate Rick (Harper) who did the work on his axes (well, axe I believe then) said Angus's sweat was so corrosive that it ate the frets through the course of every tour.

So. Angus's tone - low output pickups, wireless rig, Marshall amp - thats all - actually very low gain if you listen - almost clean at times, but I suspect earsplittingly loud - although when they toured Sydney last I remember in a local mag he said 50 watt Marshall (one) on about 3.

1 person likes this.
  3. Kirk2000

Kirk2000 Premium Member

Consult http://www.solodallas.com for all information about this guitar and what year they think it was.. KIRK