AmpliTube 4

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by clutchcargo, Jul 27, 2017.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Bionic Member Premium Member

Is anyone using this? I have amplitube 3 and I was wondering if it's worth upgrading. It's certainly fun to mess around with. Especially late at night when the wife is sleeping.
    Does anyone have any input on the new version versus the older one?

2. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby Senior Member

I upgraded from 3 to 4, mainly because it was on sale during Christmas. The ability to have more control over the cab mic'ing was probably the biggest reason.

Sp8ctre and clutchcargo like this.
  3. AbbeSauniere

AbbeSauniere Senior Member

Amplitude 4 is a lot of fun. I think S-Gear sounds and feels the most realistic. I own A4, S-Gear and Bias Desktop. I like Bias a hair more than Amplitude, but S-Gear is my go to. On the fence about buying a Helix. Feel like it's overkill for my needs, but it would be fun to have all of those amps and effects in 1 box.

clutchcargo likes this.
  4. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Bionic Member Premium Member

What kind of interface are you guys using with Amplitube? I'm using the basic $79 one that I bout back in 2013 I think. The latency is pretty good but I'm wondering if I can dial in better tones with an upgrade.
    I got some IR's from redwirez and some other sites. People have said this improves the quality of the speakers in the cab room but I seem to think it makes them worse. I must not be setting them up correctly.

5. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby Senior Member

i have a Focusrite Scarlett Solo when I'm away from home, otherwise I use a Tascam US2000. I don't have any problems with either one.

I have some Celestion IRs, but I haven't tried using them with AT4.

6. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Senior Member

I can't compare, but I'm using Amplitube 4 right now because it's required with a class I'm taking through Berklee School of Music. We are learning how to use it in depth over a 12 week course. I'm on week 5 and I'm really impressed with it so far. We have just scratched the surface of pedals up to this point.

My interface is a Scarlett 2i2 and I'm running Amplitube through Reaper DAW as a plug in.

7. AbbeSauniere

AbbeSauniere Senior Member

I'm using a Mackie Blackjack. I monitor through headphones connected to the interface. No latency that way.

I prefer Redwirez IRs. My go to is the Greenback G12Ms w/SM57 2" off cone edge.

When I used Amplitube, I ran it in Reaper with S-Gear as a IR host.