**Amazon Seller, $439 for NEW 2016 Gibson LP Studio, but w/gift card...?

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by myonlybliss, Dec 2, 2016.

1. myonlybliss

myonlybliss Junior Member

New Here but wanted to share this with you guys. This independt store that is selling on Amazon has somehow AMAZINGLY offered a 2016 LP Studio Satin Ebony for $439 tax and shipping included.... sound too good to be true?

The owner of the store asked me for my info (not anything financial or social, etc.) and then sent me the following email (in yellow below):

Hello,

Thanks for your interest! Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded 2016 T Electric Guitar, Satin Ebony is Brand New in original sealed box, never used, without scratches, full warranty. It comes with all the supplied accessories. The total price is $439.00, including all shipping and insurance fees. (3-5 business days).

The price is less than usual, because we have special offers and discounts in this period. The offer lasts 7 days. Take advantage while the offer lasts.

The transaction is through Amazon Payments; payment method is through Amazon Gift Card and you are covered by A-to-z Guarantee Protection. You can easily buy an Amazon Gift Card using your credit card directly on the Amazon website.

Return policy: If you are not completely satisfied with our product and wanted to return for any reason, you can return the item to us in its original condition within 30 days of delivery. We will offer you the full refund of the price you paid initially and please note that you are responsible for return postage.

If you want to buy, please confirm your full name and shipping address and I will place an order on Amazon for you; and then you receive the order confirmation from them with all details about the next steps to complete your purchase.
    We will reserve the item and you will soon receive the order confirmation from Amazon.

Best regards,
    Jacob Brown, CEO & Co-Founder
    TechLand Team

2. myonlybliss

Then, when I sent a couple follow-up emails asking for pics, etc... here were the responses:

1) Hi,

For the moment, Amazon accepts only payment through Amazon Gift Card, because they have a problem with my credit card system. Every time you place the order, it is automatically canceled by Amazon.

This transaction will go directly through Amazon Payments.
    To set up your transaction I need the following info:
    Full Name:
    Shipping Address:
    City / Postal Code:
    Product:
    Quantity:
    Phone Number:

You will receive the order confirmation from Amazon with all the details about the next steps to complete your purchase.

Best regards,
    TechLand Team

2) Hi again,

My inventory happens to be stored at a warehouse that is inaccessible to me right now.

If you want to cancel the order, there is no problem, I understand.

Best regards,
    TechLand Team

Thoughts Anyone....?

3. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

I'd ask Amazon.

4. penguinchit

penguinchit Senior Member

I'd run. Having that kind of excuse for not providing pics is shady. Too good to be true.

5. Sinster

Sinster Senior Member

Since it's on Amazon I would chance it. I would contact Amazon support VIA chat so you can have a record of the conversation. Ask if you purchase a item 3rd party through Amazon website and the company is a scamming you are you protected.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=537802

6. space

space Senior Member

too shady

7. Charlize

Charlize Junior Member

Total scam.

You will be asked to buy gift cards, then give the "seller" the gift-card codes. This is substantially different than using an Amazon gift card to make a purchase on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=15435487011

8. Sinster

Sinster Senior Member

Report to Amazon...It's through Amazon.com so I'm pretty sure that Amazon will take this serious if he is a scammer.

9. Skit

Skit Witch Doctor Premium Member

Yup total SCAM. Report to Amazon and run the other way.

10. myonlybliss

Charlize! That's exactly what he did! Asked me for info (which I gave fake of course) then sent an invoice (from Amazon) and said I would need to buy gift card. When I asked about the guitar, for pictures he said it was "off-site" and he couldn't get to it. He then let me know that if I wanted to cancel the order that it was no problem. I knew then the jack-a*s was a total scammer......

11. questionposer

questionposer Stacie Klein Delray Beach Premium Member

According to wikipedia "Techland is a Polish video game developer and publisher, founded in 1991 by Paweł Marchewka."

No mention of Jacob Brown.

If it's the seller I've been looking at then all their stuff has been pulled by Amazon.

12. Sherby

Sherby Junior Member

Hi, I'm new here and like others I saw the same info on Jacob brown. I chanced it since it was amazon, even got a confirmation email from amazon that my order was placed. Had a reply from Jacob that my item was shipped. It never arrived, no more responses to my messages. Is there any recourse with amazon since I have a confirmation from them that anyone knows about? I did chat with a Rep at amazon and he could see the order number etc but was no help! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Doesn't someone at amazon need to be responsible if we've all reported this info and they've left this person on as a merchant? I don't want to lose my money and appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!!

13. Skit

Skit Witch Doctor Premium Member

"I saw the same info on Jacob brown. I chanced it since it was amazon"... So you saw that it was a SCAM and tried it thinking you might end up with a guitar anyways? Why would you do that?
    Tell Amazon you want a refund. Call your credit card company and file a dispute.

14. Charlize

Charlize Junior Member

Maybe Sherby saw the same sale described in this posting, and hadn't seen the bad news until searching after not getting goods. Only came here after searching for the name of seller.

I do not think the credit card company will help. That is why this scam works. If cc was used, it was only used to buy Amazon gift cards. Gift cards worked, so cc company is complete with their dealings.

Amazon has already said their position: https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=15435487011
    Sherby, I hope the Amazon Customer Service can help you with this case. Please help us by keeping us informed of what happens in your case, even if the news is bad it may help others.

15. Sherby

Sherby Junior Member

That is exactly what happened. I feel very dumb today. I am contacting Amazon to see if I can get assistance, but not holding out much hope. I'll keep you posted on the results. Thanks