Aluminium TAILPIECE

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by FLICKOFLASH, Mar 31, 2007.

1. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

2. FLICKOFLASH

3. ashbass

ashbass V.I.P. Member

FF, how do these measure up to pigtail?

4. FLICKOFLASH

i do not know for this german company is new ..one thing he is very cheap price wize

5. classic

classic Senior Member

He's our fellow member golfredo ... Zero posting ... a good friend of mine who recommended this forum to me ...
    I have all of his stuff ... especially his Faber Kit is a unique development and improvement for LPs ... alu or steel spacer rings that improve the tonal transmission between STP and body ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... without the Faber rings ...

[​IMG]

But also the bridges and STPs are top notch and at a no beatable price for the US market ... :applause:
    Look at one of my guitars ... complete Alu ... bridge with brass saddles in 'natural' look but without that clamp wire that causes rattling very often ...

[​IMG]

If you'll have questions ... I'll try to help if golfredo shouldn't be available ...

6. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Senior Member

I've replaced the wire with 4# test fishing line with good results. You know, this thread reminds me I have a Gibson Aluminum tailpiece I was given about 4 or 5 years ago that I STILL haven't put on! Yet another "after the big move" project...
    Tony

7. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Senior Member

Just curious...do you guys really notice a vast tonal improvement with the tailpiece change?
    tony

8. classic

classic Senior Member

Tony,

YES indeed ... as my 2cents are not worth very much as a single feedback ... so many other guys did realize tonal improvements so that I'm not alone with my experiences ... more brightness - good for more deep sounding guitars, more sustain without any pedal - just my fingers do it now ...
    More resonant and "acoustically" sounding ... warmer ...

I'm not the ultimate guitar player at all ... so my playing improved definitely ... and I enjoying more because I feel inspired to create more sounds ...