Ace Frehley Autograph Signing - No guitars, or pickguards...

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by VoodooHighway, Oct 1, 2008.

1. VoodooHighway

VoodooHighway Senior Member

Former KISS guitarist Ace Frehley will not be signing any guitars or pick guards and will be charging a fee for autographs during his appearance at the Chiller Theatre toy, model and film expo on October 25 at the Hilton Hotel in Parsippany, New Jersey. According to a posting on the Chiller Theatre web site, "guests set their own prices for autographs."

The following musicians are slated to appear, among others:

Ace Frehley (KISS)
    David Ellefson (MEGADETH, F5)
    Eerie Von (DANZIG, SAMHAIN)
    Kip Winger (WINGER)
    Lita Ford
    Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal (GUNS N' ROSES)
    Wednesday 13 (MURDERDOLLS)

For more info: Chiller Theatre Expo - Main Page

2. singlecut

singlecut Senior Member

he'd have to pay me to take it.and i'm sure the line will be out the door for a winger autograph.

3. Boleskinehouse

Boleskinehouse Senior Member

:wtf: I've heard of him doing this before... You can go see Les Paul and have him sign things for free, but Ace... Grrr. That's alright. I've already have some stuff signed.

Ace can be a bit of a dick, but I guess his manager could be the culprit. You never know what kind of mood the spaceman will be in... :laugh2:

4. Sea Pull

Sea Pull Senior Member

Charging for autographs? Is he going to pay me to listen to his music?

5. VoodooHighway

Before he rejoined Kiss, he was playing a local club, and was charging $50 for an autograph.

Take care,
    Ace (no relation)

6. ace924

ace924 Senior Member

it ruins it for the fans, but you have all these ebayers out there making money off Ace/Kiss stuff. So i dont blame him, it is just the washed up athletes who do the same.

7. VoodooHighway

The people that are just getting things signed for profit, do ruin it.
    I always wanted to have my LP signed by Ace, oh well...
    Luckily, Slash was more than happy to sign mine. (He even played it for a few minutes, before signing it.) :)

Ace

8. Boleskinehouse

And there's no reason why Ace shouldn't do the same. He has fans that love him, but he's always treated them like shit pretty much. I met him once, but he was trashed and I guess in a pretty good mood. I didn't ask him to sign anything. You probably couldn't have read it if I did! :laugh2:

9. VoodooHighway

I met him on the first Frehley's comet tour. You know, his first "sober" tour. Well, he was rip-roaring drunk, but was in a good mood. He signed my Kiss Originals LP, and a few others. I gave him some "Ace" pins ("I'm a card, I ought to be dealt with" etc.) He seemed to like them. Maybe it was the booze. :)

Ace

10. Boleskinehouse

I have his Guitar Player poster from that time signed by Ace, Anton!, Todd, and John. It's framed and very cool. It was a gift for helping someone out a few years ago. Anyway, I don't need anything else. :laugh2:

11. 5F6-A

5F6-A Senior Member

how sad.... :(

12. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Senior Member

Met Slash a few times..ALWAYS a class act...VERY fan friendly!!! Met Ace a few times too....was pleasant (and drunk) when I met him but was a real prick to a lot of others that were there (NAMM). These guys, just like sports stars, need to remember that it's the fans that make you!
    Slash seems to be very appreciative of the fans! As do the other members of KISS (Paul, Gene AND Peter). Some people may think Gene is a total dickhead...and I agree sometimes he appears that way..BUT.....he and Paul have ALWAYS been very gracious to the fans!!!!
    Just my .02!!!

13. VoodooHighway

I wouldn't say "Always," regarding Gene. I had the opposite experience. Perhaps if I wasn't the only male standing in line for autographs, he would have been nicer...

Ace

14. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Senior Member

Point well taken......! Tell us the story...what happened?

15. jomo

jomo V.I.P. Member

I hope nobody actually pays that washed up bastard for a scribble. F him. I would never be like that if I were rich and famous. I'd love to see people like that have everything their fans have given them taken away.

16. BlackCat

BlackCat Senior Member

Have you guys seen the "Kiss Coffee Shops"? They have one in Myrtle Beach, SC.

Nastiest coffee I ever drank.

17. armann

armann Senior Member

He sure loves his fans.

What an ass.

18. Harpozep

Harpozep V.I.P. Member

My friend worked the Mick Taylor table at Chiller a few years back. Lots of fun with fans. Sure he charged for autographs, but that's where they make thei money at these things. I've bought lots of autographs for ten dollars each from a number of gusts. Jonathan Harris needed water so I gave him a cold bottle I had with me. These folks are just humans interacting with fans and trying to keep some undeclared income coming in.

I guess if a Kiss-has been charges for a sig, he's that much worse than when Mick Taylor or Kane Hodder does the same?

Chiller is has-been ally. The last stop before the glue factory. But it's fun.
    I had tables there for 13 years straight.

[​IMG]

19. twinrider1

twinrider1 Senior Member

I don't have a problem with charging for autographs at a convention. That's the whole point of the artist going there.

20. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Senior Member

I guess it depends on which convention.....isn't the NAMM show a place where these celebrity musicians are brought in to HELP SELL the gear that they actually (or supposedly) use? Just asking......