A tale of two trades

Discussion in 'Other Epiphones' started by musicmand, Sep 25, 2017.

1. musicmand

musicmand Senior Member

I have a Hayden Mofo 15 hand wired tube amp, acquired in a trade for an Egnater Tweaker. Didn't quite work for my purposes as a #2 amp, so I replaced it with a Fender Mustang III (don't judge).

Anyway, so I now have an amp that really serves no purpose, so I'm trying to trade it off for something I can use - more guitars (because why the heck not). I have a 2011 Gibson LP Trad Pro, 2001(I think) MIM Fender Strat, and a custom built trashy Tele. I only want guitars that will provide a "different" palette - something that I would turn to INSTEAD of my current guitars for a specific sound. I currently have two trade offers on the table:

1) An Epiphone Dot with Gibson 57 Classics, Bigsby, bone nut, locking tuners; and $50 to come clsoer to evening out the difference.

2) A Squier VM Jazzmaster Special (the weird one with no trem, a Strat-style jack, and dual volume and tone pots), 199X MIK Epi Coronet (with fake OBL pickups), and a Hamer DC (I'd yank out the humbuckers and add GFS Mean 90s to get a LP Junior vibe).

What are your thoughts? I'd all but written off the Dot in favor of the JM deal, assuming that there would be too much overlap between the Dot and my LP, but then another forum member suggested that his Dot was as good or better than his Gibson LP after similar upgrades.

2. Zarg

Zarg Senior Member

if the Dot plays well and sounds good, I'd take it!