A Couple of Kemper Hardware Set Up Questions...

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Sp8ctre, May 19, 2017.

1. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Senior Member

I have my Kemper currently running into a Mission Engineering Gemini 1 Powered Wedge. I am using one of the Kemper XLR outputs (Left) to the only input on the Gemini.

Question 1. Can I use an XLR splitter type cable to use both Left and Right outputs from the Kemper to the sole input on the Gemini.

Question 2. The Gemini has an output that you can use to connect an additional Gemini. Can I connect a passive 4x12 cab to this output?

2. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Too what end? You would still have a mono output from the Gemini. So, it really wouldn't gain you anything.

I'd check with Mission on this. But, I think that is for slaving a 2nd Gemini to the first. Not sure you would want to run a 4x12 from it though. Here is why. It would be running from the same Kemper output. On that Output, you could have CAB on, or off. If Off, then 4x12 will sound good, and the Gemini awful. Have CAB on, and the reverse.

You would be better suited, getting a SS power amp (even if it is the add on that fits on the back of the toaster, to make it a power toaster, and running Monitor out to that separate amp, and to 4x12, and set CAB off on that, and keep CAB on to the Gemini running from the Main out.

3. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Senior Member

Thanks! This is why I like it here, knowledgeable people willing to help!

frankv likes this.