'93 Historic Reissue COA

Discussion in 'Historics & Reissues' started by bosnialove, Nov 8, 2017.

1. bosnialove

bosnialove Senior Member

A few days ago I found out that the 16th R9 ever is for sale for a pretty big price. I was suprised when I saw the picture of the case candy; there was also a COA included. However, as far as I knew, Gibson has started including COA's since 1998 or the 2000's. I have asked the guy where did he aquire that COA and he told me that the guitar store aquired it at Gibson.

I would also like to have one of those COA for my '93 Historic. Has anyone tried it with his guitar or does he know how to aquire one?

2. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Recovering Oxblood Addict V.I.P. Member

They did have COAs but what you want to do ain't gonna happen imho.

RAG7890 likes this.
  3. d1m1

d1m1 Senior Member

yes you can send the guitar to gibson and the will verify and confirm it is original and made in 1993. thats kinda like a coa. i dont know how much you have to pay but i know that you will have to wait a long time till it is done.

i know that 1993 R9 you are talking about and i think the price is actually good. 1993 was the first year of historics, the very first ones made by the gibson luthiers after replicating two bursts, only 25 1993 murphy R9´s exist. those are part of the history. they sell for even more. i saw them for around $20K (even if they dont sell that high...yet). sweetspot-guitars offers a 1994 murphy R9 for 13K euro ($15K). for sure for now overpriced. i sold my 1994 non-murphy R9 2 years ago for 6.000 euro ($7K). if you consider 1994 is the second year historics and there is 200 murphy´s around than you can imagine how special those first 25 1993 murphy R9 are.. to me much more worth than any artificial ltd cc# etc..

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  4. Nippon

Nippon Insert Kanji here... Premium Member

Gibson supplies replacement COA's to Japanese retailers.

5. bosnialove

bosnialove Senior Member

Yeah, I am always on the look for one of those early serial number '93 Historics. Unfortunately, they almost never pop up.

Sending my guitar to Gibson am I not prepared to do. Can this verification also be done at a Gibson-lincesed dealer?