90 Day Fitness Thread: Day 1!

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by PNB92, Jun 5, 2013.

1. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

Week 3 done.

5x5 squat @ 185. It took a lot out of me, so I was surprised I finished my deads.
    6x2 deads @ 260. I used straps, because I've been failing after a couple sets without them.
    Finished with accessory work, including more farmer walks.

2. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

What do you guys eat on a day to day basis? I'm looking for ideas for my own diet. I'm trying to lose weight, I'm down 67lbs as of today and I'd like to lose another 50 at least. I have a $300 budget for groceries this month and I'm having a hard time getting everything I need. Supplements cost so much money!

3. Seven

Seven Silver Supporter

My diet consists mostly of fish, chicken, rice, oatmeal and fresh vegetables. I also add in some protein powder with my oatmeal and after training.

NewDayHappy likes this.
  4. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

Went to the store to buy a couple more 25 lb plates so I'd have enough to squat my 235 max at home, but they had a buy 3 get 1 free sale, so I got 4 plates. :)

5. bildozr

bildozr Deliberately Obtuse V.I.P. Member

285s a'comin.

6. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

Healthy on the cheap is pretty easy with a plant based diet. dried beans are cheap, full of protein and fiber. get some frozen veggies to go with and you can eat for a few bucks a day! get some nuts and seeds as you're able to afford them and you've got a good thing going... hell, even potatoes are used to aid weight loss...

My routine is a protein shake in the morning after the gym, lunch is leftovers from last nights dinner, and dinner is lentil stew or chili, a salad, that kind of thing. i'll put hemp seeds on my salad as well. weekend breakfast is a HUGE tofu scramble with fat free refried beans and veggies. i get more fiber than most folks are used to, but you get used to that, and it's a huge health promoter to have that good clean fiber :thumb:

NewDayHappy likes this.
  7. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

Might take me a while. It's taking me longer and longer to recover. But I'm going to keep plowing through!

But I wouldn't be doing that much at home anyway. I have a cheaper bar that is only rated for 250 lbs, and I wouldn't trust my squat stands to catch that much weight if I failed.

8. lunchbox

lunchbox Senior Member

I'm jumping into this thread.

I'm 47 yo, 5'7", and now weigh 220. It's the 2nd heaviest I've been in my life. My eating habits haven't changed in the last few years when I was a consistent 200-205, but since then I have an office desk job and have been drinking more beer than usual (typically a 6 pack of Red Stripe or other every night for the last 6 months or so; yes, I love beer and like to drink). So that's not helping. But even before 6 months ago I noticed that my energy levels had just suddenly dropped and it felt harder to move my body around in general. I'm more stiff that I used to be which makes it harder to get any kind of a workout in, and now my back is sore every day.

I spoke to my doc and he's suggested to cut down drinking (obviously), get more exercise (obviously), but also to look into a testosterone booster. My blood test showed low T levels and he think s that might be a big contributing factor to all this. So today I'm gonna get a T booster and give that a try.

Anyone else using them? What kind of energy and weight loss results have you had with them?

9. danohat

danohat Senior Member

I have no experience with T boosters but I know that squats and deadlifts are natural boosters of testosterone.
    The more you lift weights and get into the routine, the less you'll want to sabotage yourself by drinking too much beer and eating less than healthy. You get on a roll and then you start thinking about taking care of yourself differently.
    Good luck.

10. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

Drinking and fitness don't go together, they just don't. Unless you go to the bar every Friday night and just get it in with friends once a week, you'll be fine but drinking regularly, even a 6 pack every night you won't get any results. Me cutting the alcohol out completely and exercising 2-4 days a week while eating pretty healthy, I'm down 69lbs in 8 months. The key is to have a diet that will cause you to lose weight without even working out. I'll lose 2lbs a week doing absolutely nothing. If I don't feel like working out, I don't.

11. Seven

Seven Silver Supporter

Over the counter T-Boosters are nothing more than snake oil. Any competent Dr. would have put you on TRT.

NewDayHappy likes this.
  12. bildozr

Probably could be eating more. Do nooooot want to be on a deficit with what we're doing. lol

13. bildozr

At least where I'm at there's a lot of wink wink nudge nudge, "See right here on this totally legit test you have low T, I can't put you on Trenbolone, but here's your 8 week cycle."

14. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

I remember seeing a doc a couple years ago because a was legit depressed, thinking of starting meds, and he offered me test right out of the gate! kinda took me off guard when he said, "i think we could probably get ya to 12-1300, but only if you don't want to have kids" :laugh2: I didn't do test or get anti depressants, but i know where to go now I guess :dunno:

15. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

Yeah. I kind of figured that. I just started increasing calories and protein the past week or so.

16. bildozr

Really most docs that put you on it are only gonna give you a script for little bit. To make you feel better. If you're shooting for that high, might as well go all the way. Lol

Yeah, normally I just eat whatever the hell I want because I compete as a super heavyweight. So I'm not the best for this subject. But I'm on a cut, and working on some injuries, so my training is taking a hit. I can't keep up with the last block I ran.

17. danohat

danohat Senior Member

I'm eating like a fool and lifting 3x a week till Feb. Then, I gotta try to get light on my feet and get my endurance up.

18. Seven

Seven Silver Supporter

What are you weighing in at? I'm 6'2 and weighing right around 190lbs right now.

19. bildozr

5'10", 270 as of this morning. Would like to compete in the 105 weight class, which is like 230ish.

I carry it all on the gut.

Seven and NewDayHappy like this.
  20. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

Lighter squat day, but my knee wasn't having any of it. I got 190 for 5 reps just fine, but after that my knee was starting to hurt. I wanted to focus on standard deadlifts afterwards, since I recently realized I almost always do RDLs, but since it was heavy deadlift day (265), my knee wouldn't let me do that either. Just did RDLs instead.

I have some compression sleeves that I use on my calves sometimes, but I'm going to order some for my knees as well. I usually don't have any problems, but when I do, I just can't do anything legs.