90 Day Fitness Thread: Day 1!

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by PNB92, Jun 5, 2013.

1. bildozr

bildozr Deliberately Obtuse V.I.P. Member

I'm training with an Olympian this weekend. I'm so stoked.

Who and Seven like this.
  2. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

NB(ike)D (technically yesterday)

[​IMG]

Only put 7 or 8 miles on it so far. My other bike is more of a hybrid, so I'm not used to leaning so far forward. My lower back is a little sore this morning. Unfortunately, I probably won't get much time to ride until Sunday.

Who and Seven like this.
  3. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

I'm coming along very well, going on 5 months of training 4 days a week. My lower back isn't in so much pain anymore. Really pleased with my growth but I'm not trying to shave my body hair, get oiled up on stage & pose next to other men in a thong. I just want to get fit. 10-15% body fat is ideal.

Harmony, Seven and danohat like this.
  4. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

I took a few weeks of my 5x5 routine, and just started back last week. My previous squat was at 155, and my 1RM was 175.

Just did a 5x5 with 160. Felt too easy, so after the rest of the workout, I did 1 rep of 165, 170, 175, and 180. Then did 3 of 185. :) I ran out of plates, since I was at home.

Who and Seven like this.
  5. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

5x185. :)

NewDayHappy likes this.
  6. NewDayHappy

Well, I cut out flat bench completely. I was doing 225 for 8-10 reps but I realized my upper chest needs some thickness so for now it's incline bench only. I'm not pushing nearly as much weight, probably around 135-155lbs for 8-10 reps. My tris and delts have noticeably improved since I've been doing this. My goal is to do incline presses with 225 for 10-12 reps hopefully within the next 6-8 months. Legs are still lagging, I'm going to keep hitting them twice a week. My nutrition could not be any better.

7. Howard2k

Howard2k Premium Member

Registered for the half marathon in Philly today. It's 6 weeks out, so quite a bit of work between now and then. I'm currently running 5km, 4 days a week, at a half decent pace (approx 25 minutes). Half marathon is 20km, so that's another game altogether.

On the plus side, I mentioned a few pages back that I was on the hunt for a specific pair of running shoes that I really loved. I found a pair at an outlet store. So not only did I get the pair of shoes I wanted, but at an outlet and being a couple of seasons old they were well discounted too! Awesome.

Now to get fit and avoid injury over the next 6 weeks... Should be fun.

Who and Harmony like this.
  8. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

Haven't had time to make it to the actual gym since getting 185 on my squat, so I've been limited to that at home.

Had an estimated 1RM of 208. Today I went for 195, 205, and... 215! I might have been able to get a bit more, but I didn't have the confidence. Next time...

9. NewDayHappy

I want to go to Planet Fitness on my max day dressed like a woman. I'll shave my beard, wear a wig and one of those rubber suits like the one Marilyn Manson used to wear under a pair of leggings. I'll start bench pressing 300lbs and doing curls with 60lbs dumbbells. And you know they'd be too politically correct to ask or say anything. :laugh2:

10. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

Good luck. I went into a PF once. I was out to lunch with a coworker, and he wanted to go into the one by our office to see if it would be ok as a second gym for him to get in quick workouts at lunchtime.

They didn't even have a bench for benchpress. Just smith machines a handful of benches in the freeweights.

NewDayHappy likes this.
  11. danohat

danohat Senior Member

I'm back! Off of lifting since September. My job is brutal in fall and lifting is impossible. I worked really hard to get to 3 x 10 pull ups and then had to quit. Probably be lucky to get 6 now. Winter is go time though. At least I'll be pulling up 9 lbs less.

12. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

13. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

Got 225 today. :) Don't think I could get any more, so back to high reps for a while.

14. NewDayHappy

190lbs on the incline press 4 times, after that I dropped down to 150 and squeezed out 4 more. I'm pushing big weights for tricep and shoulder movements lately. Weight loss isn't a tremendous concern although it is a goal. I want to lose another 45lbs by summer, taking my time...

15. bildozr

If you wanna ditch the 5x5, and be a test dummy for my programming, I will get you strong. Pm me your stats and give me a couple days.

16. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

Haven't been following the 5x5 lately anyway. But I will take you up on your offer! I'll try to put together my stats. Do you want 1RMs? Or normal 5 rep reaches?

Got 235 squat today. :)

NewDayHappy likes this.
  17. bildozr

Both actually. Will help with programming volume. Shoot me your email too, and what type of equipment you have access to. We'll throw 3 plates on that squat soon enough.

18. Shred Astaire

Shred Astaire Senior Member

I don't think I've posted in here since page 20 or something.... and that's because I got lazy, as usual.

I'm trying a class on Thursday at my local "Orange Theory Fitness"....here's what I like so far:

1) No contract - you pay by month and can exit anytime

2) You get (sort of) a personal trainer (you share with the class)

3) It's heartrate based interval training - so the trainer will take us through an interval circuit and i'll be wearing a heart rate monitor and my results as well as the results of everyone in the class are up on a screen at the front of the room. Goal is to be in the "orange" zone for at least 12 minutes so that the body will do some additional calorie burning for the following 24-36 hours. Now that might be marketing nonsense but I like the idea of seeing where I stack up against the rest of the class in terms of my intensity etc. I need that.

I've tried getting fit on my own...I can't do it alone. I need someone to push me, to measure me, to get on my case if I am slacking etc. Basically I think this will make me go and do the work.

I've been overweight my whole life...not overly so. I am 6ft and weigh approx 245lbs. It's almost all in my gut...

I just want my clothes to fit and to feel good about how I look.

19. bildozr

Some people need that push. It's why stuff like this, HEW, and crossfit are incredibly successful business models. It's why people get memberships at Gold's and LA and never show up, unless they get roped into paying for a trainer that doesn't give a shit. Only times I've been in shape were Football, Wrestling, and the Army.

After that I had no motivation to do anything outside of a team environment, until I started competing in strength sports. Powerlifting got stale for me, and that's when I found Weightlifting. I train solo most days, but the motivation is entirely intrinsic at this point. If your goals are right, the discipline comes. Because frankly some days I don't want to touch a barbell, but they're sometimes my best.

Shred Astaire likes this.
  20. NewDayHappy

Well, I'm working on building a home gym ATM. I'm slowly adding dumbbells and matting the floor. I think for 1k I should have 15lbs dumbbells all the way to 60lbs along with some small barbells for curls and tricep extensions. I'd like to add a TV so I can do P90X and yoga videos. I have nowhere for a pullup bar though. I'll probably still have to go to the gym for back days until I can figure something out.