90 Day Fitness Thread: Day 1!

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by PNB92, Jun 5, 2013.

1. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

Hello Sirs!

I'm 3 days out from the big Spartan Beast, and I'm a little nervous... But it's important to stretch yourself with different activities that are not well suited for you, right? I can't wait to get this done, and go back to lifting heavy lol! This race will complete the spartan trifecta and i'll have a nifty magnetic three piece medal. But more importantly, I will have to face a obstacle that is not within my comfort zone. I will have to grind through some rough spots and find out a bit about my personal resolve... Whatever it is you are most suited for, I suggest you try something that's the polar opposite. you will learn a lot about yourself and improve your body as well!

So for me, perhaps a ametuer powerlifting meet? I don't know yet, but a goal is important!
    What will you do outside your comfort zone?

2. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

Well sirs, my Spartan trifecta is completed. I fell off a rope at mile 5 and threw my back out but I was able to walk it in and finish. 12.5 miles in the mud! It was a good experience though and I'm glad that made it through.

3. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

355 rack pull.

4. Seven

Seven Senior Member

Had a great training session this morning rockin' some THC..:dude:

[​IMG]

5. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

I bought some BCAA based on the recommendation from a co-worker who is huge into lifting. The only other thing I take is protein and occasionally a pre-workout. Looking forward to seeing if I notice a difference.

6. Alligatorbling

Alligatorbling ★AstroCat★ Premium Member MLP Vendor V.I.P. Member

7. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

8. Seven

Seven Senior Member

My black friday purchases this year.

[​IMG]

The protein was buy one get one free..

[​IMG]

9. danohat

danohat Senior Member

Anybody still lifting? Get it!!!

10. Seven

Seven Senior Member

Always! :cool:

11. danohat

danohat Senior Member

I've been going for about 4 years now. 41 years old. Wish I had started earlier but plan to do it for as long as possible.

12. Seven

Seven Senior Member

53 years old here. Started training when I was a teenager in the 70's and have been hooked ever since.

13. danohat

danohat Senior Member

I started reading articles about losing muscle and testosterone at 40 and I became determined to try to hold it off as long as possible. I got my wife hooked on it by being a positive example. I'd go lift weights, she'd sit on her ass. The guilt overwhelmed her. Ha. Now she lifts weights and takes yoga, bar class, and some other class.

14. kmk108

kmk108 Senior Member

Has this turned into a catch-all fitness thread? :laugh2:

I just started training for the Chicago Half-Marathon in September.

I started running a few years ago, but I've never gone over 5 miles. I used to play indoor soccer weekly, but since I moved and don't play anymore. I need something to work for or I'll only run a couple times a week. I went over to the Hal Higdon website, and put together my own training plan that starts at around 9 miles a week and will get me to about 30 miles a week.

15. danohat

danohat Senior Member

Good luck.

16. Oranjeaap

Oranjeaap Senior Member

Running sucks. I hate every step of it. But afterwards I feel good and full of energy the rest of the day so Im always glad I went for a run.

17. Oranjeaap

Oranjeaap Senior Member

I guess im more of a cycling person. Not on a machine mind you. Outdoors on a real bike. Love every second of it, too bad in the winter I can't really do any cycling.

18. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Senior Member

I'm the same way. I ran my first 5K last year and enjoyed being around all the other people, but running on my own seems boring. Love biking though.

19. kmk108

kmk108 Senior Member

I used to hate running until about 4 years ago. I always blamed it on my extremely flat feet. I only started to run to get into better shape for soccer. Once I started running often, I started to figure out things and really got into it. I stopped running the speed others were running and focused on running slower for longer and I really enjoy when I get to that "zone". Now I have to run to keep my sanity.

I've been riding outside unless snow is falling. The only parts of my body that get cold are my toes. Snowboard gloves on the hands, gaiter around the face and a beanie on the head. I used to commute 20 minutes at 75 mph on a motorcycle in 25 degree weather though. Still, I don't get as much of a workout for my time as I do running. My legs tire out :(

20. danohat

danohat Senior Member

Anybody still hittin' it? I'm lifting as heavy as I can but on a deficit. I'm trying to drop these last few lbs once and for all. I'm not getting stronger really but not losing strength.